Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180

Rhian27

Hi I have a 57 plate T180 estate which I brought last year and was told would be perfect for me!!!!!!!!!! Which in many ways it is as I have a family and a dog etc so it is great for carting things around, we also do some fairly long journeys on numerous occasions throughout the year. My problem is on a day to day basis the car is used around town and the journeys are stop start. I have already had the EGR valve replaced (sept last year) as it was clogged up and the car had to be lifted home to nr london from weston super mare leaving me with kids/dogs etc fairly stranded,

What can I do to make sure that this does not happen again? I only say this as I have noticed the car starting to lag again and I am off to yorkshire and scotland in a couple of weeks and do not want the same situation again. Is there something I can do on a weekly or regular basis to help stop this from happening.

I am not mechanically minded but I have changed coils on a previous car. My husband is not better if not worse. Do I have to get it cleaned out? Car is due a service in JUne.

I love the car and know (now) that it is not ideal for where I am living and the majority of the journeys I do, but I cannot afford to get rid of or change it, so just want advice on best way to keep it running well, and for it not to break down the minute I do a long jounrey (it has happened twice)!

Thanks for any advice that you have

the EGR responds well to a bit of abuse. I make sure that every time I join the motorway I rev it hard, plenty of throttle. It seems to clear everything out. Also if your car has a dpf - I think the T180 does - it needs to run at about 2500 rpm for approx 20 mins to clear the dpf out. Not every day but once a month say.

regular servicings and checking.

as the 2nd poster said you need to make sure that you are driving it hard enough for the engine to build enough temprature so it can burn it off.