Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog Light Replacement

flyingscot

Came out to the car on Sunday to see my front nearside fog lamp has taken a hit and smashed. I suspect a stone has cracked it and Sunday was the first day I've noticed.

Cleaned up most of the shattered glass and spoke to the nearest dealer to me, who believe that it would be in the region of £170 to supply and fit a replacement. Seems a tad pricy to me, anybody got experience in replacing one?

Have you tried Parts King for a price - send him a personal message with details of your car and what you want

dont know the price to repair one, having never needed it. however, i have had a look at removing fog lights as i never use them. to to the job properly requires the bumper to be mostly/entirely removed, another way is just to remove the undertray at the front underneath where the radiator is (which is harder to reach the fog lights).

The price I have for the part itself is £80.15 including VAT. Nobody seems too sure on if the bumper needs to come off- if it does, worst case is £90 to fit, best case is £45.

They are 80.15 retail

Best if the bumper is removed which does not take long at all, the whole job should not take much more than 30-45 minutes

• Like 1

They are 80.15 retail

Best if the bumper is removed which does not take long at all, the whole job should not take much more than 30-45 minutes

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to stomach the cost and hope the garage manage 1/2 an hour labour- makes a bit of a difference to replace one for £120 rather than £180

Hi Flyingscot, seems you have been a bit unlucky there mate, getting a fog/spot light broken by a stone or whatever is just unfortunate and obviously money you just have to write off to get it sorted, hope you get out of it as cheaply as possible with a proper job being done.

Regards Mike169

If you consider a car parked on a road, nearside is the side nearest the kerb, offside is the side furthest away from the kerb. I believe they are used as left and right differ depending which way you look at a car, which could cause problems. Equally you can't use passenger and drivers side in garages as you could, rarely, get a LHD car in.

I'll have a look at some of the eBay parts and see if any are suitable.

• 6 years later...
On 3/10/2014 at 1:34 PM, flyingscot said:

Came out to the car on Sunday to see my front nearside fog lamp has taken a hit and smashed. I suspect a stone has cracked it and Sunday was the first day I've noticed.

Cleaned up most of the shattered glass and spoke to the nearest dealer to me, who believe that it would be in the region of £170 to supply and fit a replacement. Seems a tad pricy to me, anybody got experience in replacing one?

Hi, if you still looking. I have used left side fog lamp for Toyota auris 2012 to 2017. Can contact me 07984429744

1 hour ago, Aaz said:

Hi, if you still looking. I have used left side fog lamp for Toyota auris 2012 to 2017. Can contact me 07984429744

The topic dates back to 2014, so would imagine the issue would have been resolved by now.

• 2 months later...

Just spent all morning trying to get at the fog light on my Auris. You have toi rive off the front of the inner wing and plastic under the lamp to get at it.Most of the plastic so called fasteners were loose or broken when they came out . I needed a jack and axle stands for heavens sake. Good as Toyotas are this is criminally bad and insane design. Whoever designed it should left in a muddy rainy field with no tools except those supplied with the car and not let in until he has changed a dozen fog lamp bulbs...*****.(one born out of wedlock)