Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trd Sway Bar Kit?

craggle

Hello fellow iQ chaps and chapesses

Does anyone here have the TRD sway bar kit fitted to their car?

I have been looking at them recently and wondering about getting one shipped to the UK.

For anyone that doesn't know, they are more of an anti sway bay and reduce the body roll in corners by linking both sides of the suspension together with a fairly rigid bar. The suspension is still free to move up and down so the ride quality won't change but the bar resists the movement if one side of the suspension goes up and the other side goes down which is what happens when you go into a corner and the body leans over.

The attached picture shows the bar fitted in bright red.

It looks a pretty good kit, bolt on simplicity and apparently it comes with new, stiffer bushes for the already fitted front sway bar.

Just interested to hear any thoughts on them. Did it make a difference, easy to fit, where you found it, price etc...

Thanks

Craig.

post-116364-0-46579200-1394529696_thumb.

I'm sure someone has posted in the past that they hade one, but found the drop links tended to get grounded at times. I'm sure there is a different type available that has a 'C' shape end that bolts to the lower coil spring housing so not affevting ground clearance.

I did notice my old 2009 IQ heeled over a bit in corners, but when I bought my 2011 revised model I was pleased to find "they" had done something to the suspension because it handles like a mk1 Mini. ie it scuttles through corners with very little roll, if any, at speeds the earlier IQ would find unpleasant...passengers grasping for non existent grab handles etc.

I have not changed the ride height or wheel size.

So there is room for improvement in the earlier models.

I have the TRD rear sway bar on my iQ. Simple installation. The kit includes new front sway bar bushings as well.

Due to my iQ having air suspension I don't reap the rewards that a more "racing" type suspension with coilover or lowered springs would achieve but I do like the added stability of the rear sway bar.

DSCN2021.jpg

DSCN2022.jpg

DSCN2027.jpg

DSCN2023.jpg

DSCN2024.jpg

DSCN2025.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers Taz

It does look nice and neat under there. The links do hang quite low but being so close to the wheels I don't think it will cause clearance problems really. Certainly not speed bump problems anyway.

I have contacted a company here in the UK, Fensport that do lots of Toyota and other Japanese tuning parts and they can't get the US spec, TRD bits yet but are working with a supplier to start importing stuff so I will see what they can do in a month or so's time.

Failing that I'll find a US supplier on eBay that is willing to ship to the UK. Need to get my new wheels and tyres sorted out first though. :)

Cheers

Craig.

• Like 1

Just watch out for the import duty and VAT on imports from the USA, it can be quite pricey ;)

I've just ordered a TANNABE Strut Brace from J-Spec Performance.

Looking forward to fitting it when it arrives as I have fitted many of these and find that they work really well.

I may then consider the Sway bar but I don't want to keep adding more weight to the car if I can help it.

I've just ordered a TANNABE Strut Brace from J-Spec Performance.

Looking forward to fitting it when it arrives as I have fitted many of these and find that they work really well.

I may then consider the Sway bar but I don't want to keep adding more weight to the car if I can help it.

I know you will be happy with the strut brace. Tanabe used my iQ as the R&D vehicle for testing on the Scion iQ. High quality products. The Sustec frame brace is nice too.

DSCN2657.jpg

DSCN2632.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links