Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq In Uk To End

Blue Kingfisher

The IQ is one of the best cars in this tight, strapped climate for its cheap costs and city drivability,

Great small car, that has luxery, yet is very cheap and different.

The Aygo's between £8,700 and £11,600 on the road.

The iQ's £11,100 to £14,100.

Sadly, I'd really struggle to describe the iQ as a cheap car, and I think that's what's killing it. The running costs are cheap, but the upfront purchase price is certainly not :(

• Like 1

Thanks Frostyballs, I am aware of that thread and discussion as well.

I've been looking out for any info re all this since when my dealer said they had heard a rumour that Toyota were considering withdrawing it because of poor sales almost a year ago. I'm just thought I'd say that this weekend when I spoke to them, they still hadn't heard anything official from Toyota UK confirming this yet.

Other dealers may have heard different though, :dontgetit:

• Like 1

If Toyota continue to make the IQ in Japan would it be possible, in theory, to import one into the UK - or are we talking silly amounts of money?

With the old MR2's (oh, happy days) you could get good low mileage imports from Japan, they needed some work to bring them up to European requirements but it was one way of getting hold of a good car after they had been withdrawn in the UK.

• Like 1

The IQ is one of the best cars in this tight, strapped climate for its cheap costs and city drivability,

Great small car, that has luxery, yet is very cheap and different.

The Aygo's between £8,700 and £11,600 on the road.

The iQ's £11,100 to £14,100.

Sadly, I'd really struggle to describe the iQ as a cheap car, and I think that's what's killing it. The running costs are cheap, but the upfront purchase price is certainly not :(

I agree and that's why I meant. Upfront cost is pretty steep but the car itself is cheap compared to what else you could potentially buy for that money. There is small, niggly things with the IQ that should of sorted from the factory but in general it's a great car.

The other comment to importing them - this probably would be possible but would cost a fair whack I'd imagine. That said, we all know how much money the Japanese put into their cars so might find a nicely modified example with low miles!

• Like 1

Am sure it'd be possible to import Japanese ones still, albeit I think it's usually more expensive cars that get imported - presumably as the cost of shipping a single car around the world is non-trivial.

That said, that's some way into the future - there's still new ones available now, and in three years' time, well, a three year old used UK car shouldn't be too bad an option!

• Like 1

So I have been looking at replacements, More so to replace the Smart as it has only 2 seats

David

post-109788-0-46627200-1396869019_thumb.

• Like 1

Oh yuk David,

That is horrible! So far there is no decent replacement for the IQ None of the other Toyotas turn me on at all, they're all far too big. The new Smart might look good but it will have Renault engines and gearboxex, err no thanks. Google Yamaha small car and see the machine they are about to unleash on the world. It's designed by Gordon Murray of McClaren.

To save you the bother, I found this. http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/gordon-murray-yamaha-city-car-2013-11-20

Only a 2 seater again, but It supposed to be a fantastic little car.

• Like 1

Ha ha ... one of the most popular car under the youngones... the "CANTA" ...

Due to Dutch regulations..you may park literally EVERYWHERE.. yes also on the sidewalk...yes....

Here some enthusiastic youngones ... aka morons....

PS Is that a Dutch picture David? :-) Ahhh YES you were in I-AMsterdam... LOLZ... :-D

Nope... no !Removed! / underboobs.... just morons....real Dutch morons...girly morons... pff... And we (with a car) have to be friendly for these morons... :-/

Peter thats a brilliant video. The picture was one i took in Amsterdam and yes it was on the pavement. I took it because my step daughter is taking driving lessons and i threatened her that it was the car she was getting when she passed. Now i Have a video to re-enforce other teenagers enjoying themselves makes it to her a real possibility. She now is dreading passing her test because she has visions of one being parked outside with a big pink bow around it and a sign saying "Well Done"

David

• Like 1

Vox

I like the outside styling of the Yamaha but HATE the interior especially the Dash

David

• Like 1

So Today i found another car to replace it again, I'm not sure if its a 2 or one seater

David

post-109788-0-03137800-1396882348_thumb.

• Like 1

It's a 2 seater David.... I looked at this a Renault...

Not expensive and there is one driving around at our place... Very small though..

Upside:

1. It's electric

2. Silent as a humming bird

Downside:

1. Doors are an extra

2. No sound driving around / people are scare as sh*t (this autocorrected?)

3. You have to rent the batteries (about 50 € a month!)

About the Canta... it is sooo popular here.. It was built for the older person..but it turns out that the age you got to have is 16...and no driving license... Even on a "buzzbike" you need a license of some kind.

So.. not expensive / only cheap insurance...

We also see a lot of these around. I think it has the same law applying .. Nice models and very very popular...NOT A CAR... 45 kilometers/hour max... You can see the little yellow "buzzbike" insurance plate...

Here you DO need a "buzz-bike" license...

More information here: you can see the differences between the Scootmobiel .......... the Canta ......... and the Brommobiel

sorry for it is in Dutch... and no there is no translation... :-/

http://www.waaijenberg.com/brommobiel/wat-is-een-brommobiel

That David is what I remember the new Smart will be like Renault guts and Smart Shell. 2 seat only.

I'm beginning to think we're stuffed for a replacement IQ, We're also stuffed for a supersonic passenger airoplane!

The world is going backward in so many ways. (Oh, I see what you mean about the Yamaha dash, but it's only a prototype as yet.)

• Like 1

I had a good look at my IQ today and thought, why didn't buy one of these sooner?

Now I'm back using a manual, I've got the slick gear changes back, the control of when I want to change gear.

I now think my IQ3 is the best car I've ever bought without a doubt. It drives great, it looks fantastic, it's very small it's very comfortable, has loads of useful goodies, great on fuel and a long warranty.

I's a good thing I'm nearly at the end of my driving life I hope the IQ will outlast me. if that wasn't the case, what the hell would I buy instead?

• Like 2

My IQ Suits me at the moment however, my best "car" was a Audi A8 that ran without any problems for over 200,000 miles across most of Africa on roads (and off roads) that were more suited to a Land Rover Defender !

I did eventually buy a new Land Rover Defender with a BMW 6 cylinder petrol engine that also ran without problems round most of Africa through rivers and took everything I threw at it for over 100,000 miles never missed a beat !

I those days all my cars had to put up with all sorts of conditions that would kill most cars dead !

• Like 1

Well, There is someone to add to my ignore list then..... Thought we went off topic ages ago, apologies for assuming this was a forum for discussion. :disgust:

Craig.

(in case anyone wonders what I'm on about this was a response to a stupid post that has since been removed.)

"Off Topic" posts have been hidden in an effort to keep the discussion relevant to the OP's Topic title

The alternative would be to lock or even delete the thread.......Which would be unfortunate as there is still room for ON TOPIC discussion

If my reply's to topics drift my plan is to just ask for foregivenes !

So all the posts you left on this thread about alternative cars, C5's, Concorde are considered on topic are they? :g:

So all the posts you left on this thread about alternative cars, C5's, Concorde are considered on topic are they? :g:

Thank you for pointing that out.......the posts regarding alternative cars to the IQ have remained........C5 and Concorde references hidden.

Would you rather the topic be locked/deleted or do you have anymore ON TOPIC posts to add? :)

In addition to the new Aygo going on sale in July, the Yaris is being facelifted and will be available to UK buyers from May. The faceluft will include styling changes inside and outside. May have the re-worked 1.0 litre engine from the new Aygo, and, I would think almost certainly will include items due to become mandatory for all new cars sold in the UK from November (eg. a tyre pressure monitoring system).

With the entry price staying at £9995, it could also capture some sales from people who had previously bought an IQ.

There is a reason that people go into Toyota Showrooms and buy an iQ and not an Aygo,

and that will often have been because the iQ had the ample space in the front for a driver and a passenger,

& ease of access/exit being important.

So the Aygo has its customers and the iQ had its.

Is the new Aygo to have more space, because if not there are other small City Cars that do,

Not any that can match an IQ, that i can think of though.

Aygo being a cheap Toyota IMO and the iQ, even the cheapest model is light years ahead of them.

• Like 1

Halas... here in Holland I heard from this guy from Toyota (I had a service today)...that they have no more new iQs....the whole stock has been sold, execpt maybe 1 or 2 left.

Only secondhand ones.

On there website the iQ is no longer on there list of models....So when you want to look for a new car..there is no iQ in there car-list anymore.

It is almost 'extinct' here... :-(

And (forgot this) he was very shure that Toyota, in Japan, was not building the iQ anymore...so also the production of the iQ has stopped. Yes...he was shure... :-(

Still appearing on the Toyota sites for France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Greece, Portugal and Italy.

• Like 2

Weird...

Here the official Toyota Japan site with there models...

NOPE.. no iQ sadly enough....

Here:

http://www.toyota-global.com/showroom/vehicle_gallery/index.html

The Dutch site of Toyota.... the same:

http://www.toyota.nl

Funny thing is that Great Brittain is NOT a country... did not find it... LOL

Here:

http://www.toyota-global.com/select_region/