Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Media System

george j

hi all hope im in the right place.just joined the forum and have to say how impressed i am with not only the information available but also how many members.i own a rav4 t180 2006 and my sat nav/bluetooth phone system radio is completely dead,i have power to the system and it strikes me that ihave aproblem with the pcb as another member shcm has also dealt with a similar issue ihave pm shcm hoping he can help.any comments from any members would be greatly received thanks.

hi all hope im in the right place.just joined the forum and have to say how impressed i am with not only the information available but also how many members.i own a rav4 t180 2006 and my sat nav/bluetooth phone system radio is completely dead,i have power to the system and it strikes me that ihave aproblem with the pcb as another member shcm has also dealt with a similar issue ihave pm shcm hoping he can help.any comments from any members would be greatly received thanks.

Hi Nigel,

if the unit is beyond economical repair, changing it for an after market version is both easy and a worthwhile upgrade from the B9007 unit originally fitted. I changed mine for a Sony XNV-77BT double DIN headunit which has easily and cheaply upgradable Tom-Tom maps. There are lots of alternatives available both cheaper and more expensive than the Sony. Conversion cables that avoid cutting the existing loom are readily available. The only problem that I came across was that the RH set of buttons on the steering wheel would not and ( despite extensive research ) could not be made to work in the original manner. You could fit the later Toyota headunit but you may need a second mortgage :g:

thanks three5 for getting back to me there is a member called shcm on here who replaced a resistor for another member vikkij for as he put it the price of a 5pence chew.hoping he could save the day.did you fit your new unit yourself.

thanks three5 for getting back to me there is a member called shcm on here who replaced a resistor for another member vikkij for as he put it the price of a 5pence chew.hoping he could save the day.did you fit your new unit yourself.

Why not give him a quick PM and ask for his help...
  • Like 1

thanx raistlin ithink i have lol all new to me this forum lark but enjoying seems like really good helpful people on here.

Hi Nigel,

SHCM is an extremely knowledgeable guy who works in auto-electronics design. I haven't seen him about on here recently but I suspect he is very busy.

"did you fit your new unit yourself." - Yes, it was very easy once I had sourced all the bits ( new surround for the unit to match the RAV dash and conversion cables ). Have a look at: http://www.connects2.co.uk

I note that they do complete installation kits these days that include the components that I mentioned above. As far as tools go, you will need a small ( 1/4" or 3/8" drive ) 10mm socket with an extension and some bluetack + a trim removal tool to avoid damaging the dashboard. The bluetack is to put in the bottom of the socket when removing or inserting the mounting bracket set screws - it avoids dropping them inside the dashboard ( which is a bit of a disaster as finding them is almost impossible and you can bet your life they will rattle afterwards! ) HTH

cheers chris where did you purchase your unit and whats is it likely to cost m8 ive seen some on eBay just hoping i could find somebody to fix pcb on original whats the chances do you think

cheers chris where did you purchase your unit and whats is it likely to cost m8 ive seen some on ebay just hoping i could find somebody to fix pcb on original whats the chances do you think

Hi Nigel,

I bought mine from a place in Nottingham who were excellent, but there are plenty of options available. Once you decide what you fancy it is well worth a bit of time searching for the best price. There are some real bargains about on "last years model(s)". There are some very impressive looking units available from China on eBay but I've only found one person who bought one and he had some problems getting it working and the maps were fairly old. There seems to be next to no backup on these units whereas the ones which you can buy at places like Halfords ( not suggesting you actually buy from there! ) seem to have good manuals and customer service via the web. Fitting one is definitely a DIY job, mine took about 45 minutes to install and get working then a further 90 minutes clearing up in the car as I seemed to end up with far too many tools in the car as usual :g:

ok thanx chris i will have a good look round ideally a straight replacement would be great its a B9004 if anybody can help but once again thanx for your help i shall keep up to date on the forum you never know your luck.all the best nigel

thanx raistlin ithink i have lol all new to me this forum lark but enjoying seems like really good helpful people on here.

Yes there are some great guys here, all sharing their knowledge, glad you are enjoying the forum...

I have just changed my head unit out of my T180 for an aftermarket one so I could get a reversing camera to fit but I am going to sell my B9004 on eBay soon it is in working condition should be putting it on in about a week so if you still need a replacement keep a look out plus a upto date sat nav disc 2012/13 I am selling on its own.

ravee would you be interested in a private sale if so give me an idea how much you want for it email impsaint@yahoo.co.uk thanx.

• 2 months later...

Mine's died this morning, no screen, but radio is feeding DAB adaptor!

Was hoping it was a fuse, as electrics could have had a 'spazim' overnight, as mileometer reset. Everything else works, just no radio/sat nav/bluetooth display.

Got a 'friend' who has an auto electrics business, who'll fix it cheaply if its more than the fuse and whether it's just the BIG plug like all other car stereos, no fiddly wiring. May stll take it to him, as he has the correct tools for the job and I ain't!

If need a replacement would get a DAB unit, as already have an adaptor.

Edited by Red Yaris 54
BIG PLUG REMOVED :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links