Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Fog Lights

square1

Hi. My front fog lights don't come on when I turn the fog lights on, although the rear one does. If it's just that new bulbs are needed, would this be relatively easy to fix at home? Any advice appreciated. Toby.

Could be the switch as it's unlikely for both bulbs to blow at the same time. I found that my fog switch, like the rest of the switchgear in the Aygo, is made from a mixture of papier mache and iron filings. It literally fell apart in my hand when I removed it. I managed to rebuild it and all is now fine, but be wary. (I also had the same issues with my hazard switch).

Either that or the fuse - I'm not sure if the front fogs share the same one as the rear.

The bulbs could have blown at separate times, and not have been noticed.

Two points, usually the front two fog lights are either on a different switch to the rear or if it is the same switch as the rear then it is often i different position to the switch often having to be pulled in or out as well as twisting.........so assuming you are ok on how to turn them on do you have a circuit tester or similar to see if you have a feed coming down to the bulb wire when they are switched on?

Problem solved. I found the front fog light switch; it's behind the steering wheel!

A separate switch....

What will they think of next :lol:

Problem solved. I found the front fog light switch; it's behind the steering wheel!

Yes it's in a real awkward place, just like the TC and fuel filler release in my Avensis tourer. Designed for midgets I think.

Hi Valvematic, glad you found the separate switch and that naughty Mr T needs his bottom smacked for putting it in a not so obvious place.

Always hard when trying to give advise at times............to of written 'Are you using the correct switch' seems a little rude but i think you'll find on all cars the front and rear fog lights are independantly switched, a legal requirement i believe and i know i was thinking how carefully can i put this without causing offence.

Anyway job sorted, well done! Mike169

Had a similar conversation with somebody yesterday.........My air bag light is on...........yes because you have switched it off.......Yes I know I've switched it off, but the light is on................:lol:

How difficult is it to put front fog lights in using Toyota parts. Peter

• 5 years later...

mine doesn't have front fog lights just blank grills , is the wiring already there or not ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links