Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazard Warning Lights Wont Work

toibe

Have a 56 plate Aygo for my daughter as an affordable runaround.

Just taken it for an MOT and it failed on the 4 way hazards. When you press the triangle button,nothing happens,but the indicators work fine.

Have checked all fuses,so either faulty switch unit or a relay somewhere me thinks. Any way of diagnosing whats what,as the MOT runs out on Wednesday?

Here's hoping!

Did also have leak problem too,but might just have cracked that one with members help.

without having to spend money on a Haynes,how do you get at the switch without scratching up the dash? Also,is it a 3 part switch,with rear heater etc,and you have to replace the whole lot?[is there a quick way of testing,once out?]

I know,dont want much do I :blushing:!!

The switch is a weak point and most likely that is faulty

Kingo :thumbsup:

If you want a new switch - send Parts King (above) a personal message detailing what you want (although if you need an MOT re-test by Wednesday may be quicker to get a replacement via your Toyota dealer). Presume the switches for the Peugeot 107/Citroen C1 are the same.

without having to spend money on a Haynes,how do you get at the switch without scratching up the dash? Also,is it a 3 part switch,with rear heater etc,and you have to replace the whole lot?[is there a quick way of testing,once out?]

I know,dont want much do I :blushing:!!

Instructions to remove centre console here: http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7B052786E4-354F-D9B5-83FD-CB9B9F74354F%7D/AYGO_SOUND_PACK_RHD_PZ473_90240_00_AIM_001_159_6.pdf

The switch is a separate part, part # 84332-0H011

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Did you ever find out what was the cause of this?  My 61 plate Aygo has just failed is MOT on exactly the same fault. Hopefully it's not going to cost a fortune to sort out :/  Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for all the info on the Hazard warning light button. My wife's Peugeot 107 just failed its MOT on this and I've quickly replaced it with a new part (£20) and they all work fine now. Should be in time for a free MOT re-test. I dismantled the old switch to try and find out why it failed and have no idea - the only electronic components it's got are an LED and a resistor (see photo). Cheers

Hazard.jpg

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old topic now, but I had to change my hazard warning switch on my 2011 Aygo, I bought a new switch and followed this video - took less than 5 mins using a screwdriver and a thin knife - I didn't have one of the plastic tools, but didn't damage the plastic at all. Mine also has a Tom Tom in the console but wasn't a problem. Very easy and the first time I've ever done a repair on my car as opposed to take it to a garage. Thought others may find it helpful.