Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Windows Failure 1993 Surf

bigphil30

hi , the power windows on my 1993 3l surf have stopped working despite trying to replace the control panel on the drivers armrest. all the fuses look ok but to be honest i can't find the actual fuse i am looking for- none are marked as windows.

could anyone help me with locating the fuse or any other suggestions

thanks

Has the window lock switch been activated? Ie. depressed

The switch "clicking" is a physical property of the switch, it doesn't mean the power is getting to the window motor if the fuse if blown.

Does the window try to move at all when you hit the switch?

Fuses are cheap, and easy to change. Switch panels are expensive, do the easy things 1st.

Also there is a common fault...the loom in the door jam causes the wires to break...

thanks for ideas but still stumped.

all the windows are affected from all door controls

to my mind this pointed to a fuse issue but all the fuses look fine, i checked all three places but still rant sure which fuse is for the windows and would love this information

the drivers control panel has worked intermittently for a few months but now not at all. thinking there may be some corrosion(i live in a humid wet climate) i took it apart but alas did not have the skills to put it back together properly- hence the new second hand panel. which also is not working

any new ideas welcomed!

• 1 month later...

My passenger front and rear drivers windows stopped working, the fault as mentioned before was broken wires in drivers door by hinges . I think one must be a power cable feeding the rest and coming from the drivers override switch. If that makes sense.

• 8 years later...

Went through the cluster of fault finding , however can confirm it was the drivers side loom being damage due too door wear and tear. This was after noticing the panel itself had no 12v power going towards it and even after changing the 30A fuse for good measure and pulling door cards off each door , it ended up being just that, a snipped power wire

Might save whoever is reading this alot of fault finding hassle

-1994 SSR-X SURF

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links