Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picked Up My New Aygo Finally!

Wiz201

Dropped off the Yaris, made a decision not to say anything about the light being on knowing that I had a month's guarantee left on it and he had the opportunity to check or drive the car round the car park but he didn't make any comment about it.

So far I'm happy with my new car, named Mrs Norris. Got half a tank of petrol so I'm going to see how long she lasts on that before the weekend. She's got three days of work journeys 30 mile round trips.

Hope you and Mrs Norris will have a happy relationship.

Don't be misled by the full gauge bars, as they are not very accurate. They seem to stay on maximum for ages then drop rapidly, so will not give you a very good idea of MPG.

Do this (sorry in advance if you are aware) -

When refueling next, set trip meter to zero, and fill up to the brim with fuel. On next fuel stop, refill to brim again and take note of mileage done on trip meter. Then calculate how many gallons to fill (divide litres purchased by 4.546 to convert to gallons). Then divide miles driven on trip meter by gallons used to give you a 100% accurate MPG figure.

For example -

30 Litres to fill divided by 4.546 = 6.6 gallons

300 miles since last fill up divided by 6.6 = 45 mpg

Simples!

• Like 1

yeah dad got me into that habit of resetting the trip meter every time I filled up full. I'll have to work out where it is on the Aygo lol. So far I've got the basic controls sorted, and I just need to change a few settings on the sat nav. Good excuse to go out to the car at lunch time in work tomorrow lol.

Good old Dad - sounds like me fussing over my kids and their cars.

The trip meter reset button is set into the speed pod. Pressing once each time will alternate between total miles and trip miles.

Second that.

• Like 1

Whatever the bars say you will find the mpg amazing if you drive it sensibly. It's just ridiculous how many miles you can do before having to fill up.

• Like 1

Whatever the bars say you will find the mpg amazing if you drive it sensibly. It's just ridiculous how many miles you can do before having to fill up.

I can imagine that considering the aygo weighs less than a yaris.

We have an auto MMT as well and around town (which is most of the time), we average 45 MPG. On a run at an average 60 MPH, that increases to around 55 MPG.

One thing I have noticed though about the Aygo MMT in auto mode, is that the box is very reluctant to change up to a higher gear around town, and likes to stay in 3rd, when I feel it needs to be in 4th/5th.

By operating in manual mode though, and changing up sooner, will definitely improve MPG, although rather defeats the object of having an auto, so we don't bother.

It does help with smoother gear changes, to "anticipate" when you think the box is about to change up, and then to ease off the throttle slightly, then there is much less of a jerky gear change.

We had a VW Up with the same type of auto box, and that changed up very quickly, and were getting a regular 50 mpg around town.

Got mine last week , my daughter just laughed but its on for commuting to work . What colour is your.Peter

Got mine last week , my daughter just laughed

Show her your tax disc, running costs ( 60+ mpg ) and insurance...

That will wipe the smile of her face :clap:

• Like 1

Well I reminded her that her first car was a Perodua Nipper and that I still have my VW Bora which is highly tuned and modified she just says you an old boy racer which is true as my brother and myself used to do touring car racing in our heydays. Peter

We have an auto MMT as well and around town (which is most of the time), we average 45 MPG. On a run at an average 60 MPH, that increases to around 55 MPG.

One thing I have noticed though about the Aygo MMT in auto mode, is that the box is very reluctant to change up to a higher gear around town, and likes to stay in 3rd, when I feel it needs to be in 4th/5th.

By operating in manual mode though, and changing up sooner, will definitely improve MPG, although rather defeats the object of having an auto, so we don't bother.

It does help with smoother gear changes, to "anticipate" when you think the box is about to change up, and then to ease off the throttle slightly, then there is much less of a jerky gear change.

We had a VW Up with the same type of auto box, and that changed up very quickly, and were getting a regular 50 mpg around town.

Driven mine on the motorway - no difference from Yaris performance apart from engine slightly noisier but its not deafening. Overtook a Yaris (admittedly doing 60) but required little input considering it was going at 5th gear and scampered up the hill towards the end of the M606 at 70mph without my foot on the floor. Its quick to change down which of course it will be as it doesn't want to stall, I'm just learning its gear changes at the moment as it likes to stay in a lower gear on hills.

Haven't worked out MPG yet.

Got mine last week , my daughter just laughed but its on for commuting to work . What colour is your.Peter

Cirrus white. Its quite roomy in the back actually if you have adults or kids with no pushchair needed.

Mines metallic Blue, so far I have fitted front and rear mudflaps, sill protectors, smaller length aerial, boot lid paint protector, boot liner. Next will be passenger door switch , exhaust pipe trim and replace front indicator bulbs with silver ones to get rid of the fried egg syndrome and upgrade headlight bulbs to brighter ones. So far I have got my parts from Burrows Toyota as their parts are a lot cheaper than my local dealer and the bulbs I will get from Power bulbs who I have used before on my VW car.Peter

It was a tad embarrassing when I pulled up to a petrol station and I couldn't remember the instructions on how to open it. Worked it out with my dad so will try again tomorrow. Its just under half anyway so I doubt it'll run out of petrol.

Mines metallic Blue, so far I have fitted front and rear mudflaps, sill protectors, smaller length aerial, boot lid paint protector, boot liner. Next will be passenger door switch , exhaust pipe trim and replace front indicator bulbs with silver ones to get rid of the fried egg syndrome and upgrade headlight bulbs to brighter ones. So far I have got my parts from Burrows Toyota as their parts are a lot cheaper than my local dealer and the bulbs I will get from Power bulbs who I have used before on my VW car.Peter

Mine is a Move with Style with the protection pack which has mudflaps, carpet mats and reversing sensors.

As regards brighter bulbs, if you're just going to upgrade the headlight bulbs, Amazon is often cheaper than Powerbulbs/Auto bulbs Direct.

Mine is a Move with Style but with no protection pack it was 2 days old pre-registered by dealer. It actually has a diagram on the fuel cap too about removing cap. The sat nav is just a case of play and learn really I have had 4 Tom Toms now so user friendly .What I do is set a route and if I basically know the route I go my way and just use the sat nav on parts I am not too sure on or if there is a diversion. Peter

Cheers for the head up on bulbs I usually do a search for the best quality and price. Peter

Hopefully no leaks eh.

that's what the warranty is for hopefully, as long as they don't think its wear and tear.

Glad it's not just us with the fuel cap! It goes back on but doesn't appear to lock. She felt a right twit at the garage first time trying to get it off. So what are you supposed to do?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links