Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D4D Performance

bouncer19

I run a 57 plate D4D which has covered just over 70,000 miles.

Over the past 6 months I've noticed that the performance of the car has slightly diminished insofar as the turbo " surge " is nothing like as good as it used to be.

The car is regularly serviced by me. The air filter is new. The engine burns no oil and starts/runs well.

It's just this fall off in performance.

Anyone any ideas ?

There are a few things it could be; It's usually something like deposits building up on the injectors or soot build up in e.g. the EGR or throttle body.

Usually some V-Power diesel (Or the BG-something-something additive that some D4D owners swear by) and a good hard motorway run to get everything hot enough to burn it off will help a fair amount.

I had quite a noticeable loss in power in mine over a few months when I first had it because I was only ever driving it in town; After giving it a bit of an 'italian tune-up' on the motorway on advice from other D4D owners here, it was a lot better :)

Hi bouncer19,

Totally agree with Cyker here and other d4d owners.

A good 15 to 20 miles high speed drive will do the trick. Also, once warmed up, don't be too afraid to give it some in 2nd and 3rd to clear the exhaust system out. Toyotas are pretty good for revving once warm.

Give it a blast once a month or so and mpg and some drivability will come back.

Hope this helps