Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Noise

Andy Kerry

Hi all

I have a 2010 Toyota avensis 2.0D estate I have been having noise from the brakes when they are hot. They are fine normal driving but if reverse park into a space once I have gone backwards for say 20 feet and apply the brakes there is a loud clunk from I think the rear brakes. It been in 3 times. The first 2 time my dealer said they fixed it but never told me how to this day. I took it back and they said it is fine nothing to worry about. Anyone got the same issues or know the fix for this if if it's a common problem.

Thanks

The problem you describe sounds like excess float between the brake pad and caliper support bracket. This slack is normally taken up by spring clips which support the pad. It may be that the clips are worn or missing. It won't cause any damage or get worse. It's just an annoyance.

If it's a 'design fault' I would think that shimming the rear of the clips would cure the problem.

Hello Andrew,

I would take it back and tell them that they need to fix it correctly and FOC, in the mean time whilst you are riding round in your like for like courtesy car see if that one makes a noise :-)

Good luck,

Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links