Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Parking Sensors

andy2153

I have a 2008 XTR Rav 4 that has factory fitted rear parking sensors Pt No PZ464-X0428-01.

I have recently had the rear bumper renewed and now the sensors are not working properly I get the 1 beep when selecting reverse gear and then a lower tone for about 30 seconds then it stops.

I have checked the boot switch and fuse and connections into the ECU and all seem Ok.

Anybody any ideas? :dontgetit:

Thanks

Andy McArthur

Simple, if they worked before the bumper was replaced, then the people who fitted the new bumper are liable, problem will be to prove it...good luck.

Hi, i think you will find the car needs reprogramming by a Toyota Techstream trained technician. Was the bumper changed by a main dealer/approved Toyota repair centre or ???? I have some experience of this as i recently had the rear bumper replaced on my Rav4 and re a minor accident and the insurance assessor/crash damage inspector said straight away my reversing beepers will need to be reprogrammed as it is not just a case of plugging them in and they will work properly. If you end up taking it to Mr T's i believe they will want around £100 to reset it. Good luck!

Mike169

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies.

The bumper was renewed by a local body repair shop and paid for by the liable party (not on insurance) who reversed into me so they might not be aware of this. The vehicle is going back to them on Wednesday so I will give them this information and take it from there.

Andy McArthur

Hi Andy, you don't have to take my word for it, here is the web address of a main approved repairers for the 'Jardine' group that includes Toyota. Mercedes and about 25 other leading makes. They repaired my Rav4 very well and you can get all the info first hand. http://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/contact-us/93/lancaster-witham-bodyshop/

Regards Mike.

steve.symmons@jardinemotors.co.uk ............I have tried that www address myself myself and it does not appear to link properly but it will help you track them down. Here is an email address of someone there too if it helps?

Regards Mike

• 1 month later...

Update:

Finally resolved by fitting a new unit & sensors paid for by the 3rd party that hit me - he has a truck repair business so did it himself allow OK AT LAST. I suspect the original sensors were repainted making th e paint too thick and affecting the sensors.

• 5 years later...

Hi, 2007 rav 4 xtr 

I have the same problem, lower tone on parking sensor which stops after a short time. Occasionally the sensors work as they should but more often than not with the low tone. I’ve had no work done to the bumper and no damage. Was the problem with yours the sensors or the unit?

thanks

Ben