Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This A Typical Aygo Thing?

Wiz201

First real heavy frost we've had this winter and I get it on the inside of the windscreen! If it helps, my step dad had been washing it and putting aytoglym life shine treatment on it inside and out (which was nice of him). The car had been left out to dry for a few hours with the windows open so was cold when I drove it back home approx 7pm. The only wet thing I can think I left inside was my walking boots but they were wrapped in a plastic bag. I haven't seen any leaks.

My usual defrosting routine is to switch engine on and spray de icer on the windscreen then scrape it off. I had to then scrape the inside and wipe away the chippings before they got into the dashboard. If this type of thing happens regularly, I'll have to use a blanket on the car every time.

Some moisture would probably have collected inside due to leaving the windows open. Best way to demist is to use the air con with some heat.

• Like 1

I have had ice on the inside, then I started to shut the vents putting the switch to internal airflow when it gets cold.

This seems to cure it, although when it was covered in a foot of snow the inside was clear.. Go figure :lol:

• Like 1

Covered in a foot of snow, probably acted like an insulating igloo lol. I'll try the vents shutting trick next time its cold. I think the rest of the week is frost free now.

Yes I'm staying at home

Happened to my brand new Auris as well, so not unusual when the right conditions are present.

Good tip on closing the vents though.

Leaving some of those silica gel packs or a bowl of coffee/rice can also help lower internal misting by soaking up moisture in the car.

• Like 1

In answer to your question: yes I am afraid it is a typical Aygo thing! Doesn't happen too often but I have seen ice on the inside of the windscreen of my Aygo and I have never seen it on any other car I have owned over the last 40+ years of driving!

• Like 1

you must have a leak.

Disagree

Aygo=Condensation=Leak in my world

I know you can get it in any car but I would ask the OP to go and check the boot and footwells for any damp / water, if it is dry, put it down to condensation

I had an Auris that was left at the airport for a few days, came home to -5 and the inside of the car was solid ice!! No leaks in that car, just condensation that ran down the INSIDE of the screen when I defrosted it

Hi guys, been observing the car for a couple of days and running it. I keep checking the boot and other obvious places, definitely no leaks. Yesterday it didn't have any condensation (overnight it was mild and wet weather) this morning it had a little condensation due to the night being colder (purposefully didn't close the vents to see what will happen) cleared it with heat and air con. Tonight its still going to be cold but hopefully cloudy (so no frost) but I'll pop out and close the vents and see if that makes any difference.

Are your mats wet?

Like I said I've checked obvious places like the mats. My shoes haven't been too wet so they've been dry.

Last October when we spent a couple of weeks in Gatehouse of Fleet, we had heavy rain most nights - so heavy at times, the rain beating down on the slate roof, drowned out the sound of the TV. The Auris was parked outside, and we had some condensation on the inside a couple of mornings. Boot, mats, etc dry as a bone.

First real heavy frost we've had this winter and I get it on the inside of the windscreen! If it helps, my step dad had been washing it and putting aytoglym life shine treatment on it inside and out (which was nice of him). The car had been left out to dry for a few hours with the windows open so was cold when I drove it back home approx 7pm. The only wet thing I can think I left inside was my walking boots but they were wrapped in a plastic bag. I haven't seen any leaks.

My usual defrosting routine is to switch engine on and spray de icer on the windscreen then scrape it off. I had to then scrape the inside and wipe away the chippings before they got into the dashboard. If this type of thing happens regularly, I'll have to use a blanket on the car every time.

Get your car checked by Toyota!

My car had more condensation inside the windows and when really cold, ice on the windows. I just didn't think too much of it.

It turns out that it was because of water ingress but when after having the car for 20 months, I contacted Toyota, they said that if it was something that I had only just noticed that it was not a problem of theirs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Toyota OC mobile app

No condensation this morning and it had been raining all night, so I think its ok. Just going to keep an eye on it.

No condensation this morning and it had been raining all night, so I think its ok. Just going to keep an eye on it.

I think it will be fine: it is just a small car inside (though doesn't feel it) and is prone to condense when there is a sudden drop in temperature. Mine has done it and I haven't found a leak - but if you do you have a good Toyota warranty to fall back on.

I had to have a headlamp changed due to condensation - this was done FOC with no quibble and in fact, after testing, they replaced both headlamp units for me (I had only asked for one) so very happy.

• Like 1

My car had more condensation inside the windows and when really cold, ice on the windows. I just didn't think too much of it.

It turns out that it was because of water ingress but when after having the car for 20 months, I contacted Toyota, they said that if it was something that I had only just noticed that it was not a problem of theirs.

Total rubbish your car has a 5 year warranty if it is letting water in it is faulty! Go back to your dealer if they fob you off go to Toyota head office.

Total rubbish your car has a 5 year warranty if it is letting water in it is faulty! Go back to your dealer if they fob you off go to Toyota head office.

See the history behind loulou22 and water ingress

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/157232-who-replaced-my-door-membranes-with-plastic-sheeting/

Apparently Toyota not interested :(

See the history behind loulou22 and water ingress

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/157232-who-replaced-my-door-membranes-with-plastic-sheeting/

Apparently Toyota not interested :(

Looked in to, the fault was not of Toyota's doing so not surprising they weren't willing to pay.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links