Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Automatics

Twang53

Hi All.

Can anyone out there answer a question about the Yaris automatics?

Today my wife's Nissan Micra auto broke down.

Apparently because the boot lock had been playing up, the light had been left on which drained the Battery. When the local breakdown man turned up, he explained the problem.

My wife happened to mention that I have the Yaris T Spirit 1.33 6 speed manual gearbox, but that prior to buying it we had test driven the new Yaris automatic.

He told her that he has spent a large amount of time going to the assistance of many owners of the Yaris automatics, 2014 plates would you believe!, because so many people have problems starting them.

Evidently there's no real hassle when they're running but there is an issue when it comes to getting them started from cold..Is this true. Any ideas?

Cheers

Twang.

Never heard of any issues such as this, sounds a bit suspect, as Toyota would send the AA to such new cars not a "local" recovery man

My Aygo 2014 MMT has no hesitation at all starting from cold.

There has been lots of discussion in the Auris & Hybrid Owners club sections. Maybe first start with one in the Auris section titled "don't buy an Ayris Hybrid until you've read this"

There seemed to be problems with the 12volt Battery being discharged on some cars which Made it impossible to get the electronics into a ready to start mode. It appeared to be mainly on "keyless entry & start" cars but maybe others I'm not sure. Again from reading the comments it seems to be being sorted with a software update.

I've had a Yaris Hybrid for a month now and have no regrets in buying it. The CVT gearbox works well and I manage to get 65 to 70 mpg on A & B roads in the Scottish Borders. Never been on motorway yet.

Brian

Almost on the 2nd Anniversary of my CVT Yaris and it hasn't failed yet , and i have given the CVT box some proper abuse. Im sure it is kept maintained it shouldn't go wrong at all.

I did two years with a Toyota Verso S 1.33 with CVT and am just coming up to one year (May) with my Yaris Trend with CVT

Must say that the CVT is the smoothest and best auto that I have ever owned with no problems at all

• Like 1

There has been lots of discussion in the Auris & Hybrid Owners club sections. Maybe first start with one in the Auris section titled "don't buy an Ayris Hybrid until you've read this"

There seemed to be problems with the 12volt battery being discharged on some cars which Made it impossible to get the electronics into a ready to start mode. It appeared to be mainly on "keyless entry & start" cars but maybe others I'm not sure. Again from reading the comments it seems to be being sorted with a software update.

I've had a Yaris Hybrid for a month now and have no regrets in buying it. The CVT gearbox works well and I manage to get 65 to 70 mpg on A & B roads in the Scottish Borders. Never been on motorway yet.

Brian

Hi Brian.

Thanks very much for your input.

I must admit that what the breakdown guy told my wife was a surprise to me, as I have never heard or read of any such problems.

I began to think that either there are generic faults of some kind or that people simply can't drive, which if you look at people round here would certainly indicate as much.

Hi Red.

Thanks very much for your response. You've confirmed what I already thought.

Almost on the 2nd Anniversary of my CVT Yaris and it hasn't failed yet , and i have given the CVT box some proper abuse. Im sure it is kept maintained it shouldn't go wrong at all.

Hi Lustral.

When I did a test drive of the Yaris auto, I was immediately aware of how smooth and quiet it was.

You can't hear or feel it changing gear, it really is that smooth. My wife has a Nissan Micra auto, which I have to say has always been obvious when it changes gears, even fron new. You'll know what I mean when I say you feel the slight ***** as it changes up, moreso than when changing down. You hear the gearchanges as well, plus the fuel economy is not brilliant.

I would like ultimately to own the Yaris hybrid version. I seems to be a really fantastic car.

I'm on my second Toyota automatic - had a 1999 Corolla S Auto for just over 9 years...never had a single problem with it, now have Yaris Icon Plus auto....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links