Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member And New Compressor Owner! Iv Got Problems :( Please Hel

Gg- compressor

Hi everyone!

Just bought a corolla compressor and I love it, what a car! But after a day of buying it and driving it, the engine management light traction and vsc lights popped up! At first don't notice anything wrong with the car so couldn't understand it. Now it's idling badly when warmed up, jumping between 700 and 1500rpm! But when driven it drives fine, and boost and lift works fine! Iv disconnected the Battery once and the lights appeared the next day! I txt the guy i bought it from, he didnt help much. I'm dreading it being something expensive! I'm hopefully getting the codes read tomorrow night! But in the mean time maybe someone can shead some light on my situation! I'm hoping maf! But can it be something worse?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Hi,

I'm also in the same boat, just got my Compressor last week and the EML came on after around 200 miles. As the Catalyst had been recently changed due to an MOT failure I decided to check the exhaust out.

Turns out the garage that fitted the cat have done the worlds worst bodge fix where they'd cut the pipe to get the cat out. Lets just say there was no welding involved when putting the exhaust back together after the new cat was fitted! Now I'd imagine due to this the exhaust has been letting in some air causing the EML to come on from emissions.

Majority of the time that will be the case with most TSports, with you saying it's hunting for revs I'd imagine it could be something different but it's worth a shot. Take it to a garage and get them to test the exhaust for emission levels at the tip and underneath the car.

Hope this helps.

Hey Brah welcome to the club! better than those posers on the corollaclub forum ;)

I've been looking at getting a compressor in the not too distant future so i have done shed loads of looking around, 3 main things to look for, Leaky rear shocks which is quite common on the lowered suspension, Exhaust system in its entirety as these tend to rot out apparently and Toyota will force you to remortgage your house for a OEM one - hence why aftermarket is the way to go,

And finally the Biggy, When you take it our for a spin do you find that the supercharger dip stick pops out? Now I've read that sometime it does due to a poor O ring around the top but more than likely its to do with pressure coming back from the supercharger into the oil system and if so you really want to get it looked at by Toyota, admittedly due to the rarity they dont often know how to service the supercharger as all Toyota say is that the technician should check for leaks and tighten if necessary, I dont know how it would go about getting it serviced without it going back to Ogura.

So check all these Issues as you probably will experience them at some point, Also as well the first 2 aren't bad because you can get a really decent set of BC Coil overs for £700 where as Toyota want £2000 for a pair of rear shocks, and you can get a nice custom exhaust system for about £700 too compared to Toyota's £1200 price-tag

Failing all of those probably the MAF sensor especially if it had an induction Kit as most owners do fit to there compressor, Or it may just need a !Removed! good service.

What condition is it in?

- A

Thanks for the replys guys. Iv had2 different fault finders plugged into the car and they have come up with the codes

P0171 fuel system too lean bank 1

C1241 too low so high Battery voltage

C1201 engine control system fault

Iv stopped driving it at the moment because its running lean. Iv got a mechanic looking at it on Monday so will hopefully know what these faults are by then.

As for the car it's in mint condition! It's got fk coilovers and an exhaust system, front mount intercooler and induction kit. It's done 52000 and drives great apart from these faults! Hopefully something small but time will tell. Hopefully the ecu isn't fooked! Probably cheaper replacing it with an aftermarket one!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links