Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Struggles To Lift After 5000Rpm

Prime

Hello all, so recently I've discovered a problem with my corolla E12 1.4. Sometimes when I'm driving I like to give it a nice blast by revving it until it doesn't red line. When I'm in 2nd/3rd gear and I put my foot hard down on the accelerator the rev counter shoots up to 5 really fast then stays there and won't budge until I let go of the accelerator and then put my foot down again then it goes past 5000rpm. Just wondering is this a common problem for the corollas or what?

Thanks,

Not sure if the 1.4 has rev limit protection for a cold engine like the t sport. But on the t sport the ECU doesn't let you rev passed 7k when cold. Perhaps something similar but I assume this is when your engine is warm, i.e. needle half way.

Otherwise not sure what that could be other than ECU issues unless its drive by wire (electronic throttle, not cable) and that's playing up.

Not sure if the 1.4 has rev limit protection for a cold engine like the t sport. But on the t sport the ECU doesn't let you rev passed 7k when cold. Perhaps something similar but I assume this is when your engine is warm, i.e. needle half way.

Otherwise not sure what that could be other than ECU issues unless its drive by wire (electronic throttle, not cable) and that's playing up.

Hmm...not quite sure, it's strange sometimes the car will sail pass 5000 rpm and some it will not like it at all!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links