Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Antenna Rotted/do Bullet Antennas Work?

brainii

the strong sun cracked it and now reception is much worse than before.

eBay and Amazon have loads of cheap "bullet" antennas, these are half the length of the original and screw on the existing base.

Anyone tried these? How is the reception?

thanks

I use one of these and it works great:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bullet-Thumb-Aerial-for-TOYOTA-AURIS-AYGO-iQ-Antenna-mast-only-/331156524434?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d1a778d92

The original Aygo one is so long it looked like a remote control car... :lol:

I have a short stubby one (wife says its fine and not a problem) and it sure pulls in the signal fine, it has a wind of cable round it and covered in plastic, short stubby and compact and much tidyer.

You need to make sure you get an aluminium one I have had three from Raceparts on E-bay for my Vw cars. I got a smaller length rubber one from eBay as recommended on this forum for my Aygo and to be honest reception is not good. Peter

hmm, so it seems that the really cheap ones (under 5 GBP) don't get good reception?

Anyone actually uses one of the cheap ones with good results?

Well mine's about 5" long (Original equipment) and the wife is very pleased with it's performance.................just a slightly deviation from the original topic please, because it unscrews easily is it advisable to take it off if ever i was to take it through a garage type roller car wash?

Mike.

Yes - just in case.

• Like 1

Well mine's about 5" long (Original equipment) and the wife is very pleased with it's performance.................just a slightly deviation from the original topic please, because it unscrews easily is it advisable to take it off if ever i was to take it through a garage type roller car wash?

Mike.

Carwash...

Blasphemer :lol:

Sometimes , after car wash and after !Removed! antenna back, i get a bad reception. I have to unscrew and screw it again, then it works fine.

That's the bit that concerned me as obviously water gets to the electrical connection and simply by it's design the roof fitting will fill up with water and screwing it in a couple of times will expel the water but possibly corrode the fitting.

Mike

Will one of these do?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sumex-Antenna-Aerial-Bullet-Black-56Mm-Antena-Radio-Car-Accessory-Race-Sport-/400611749395?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d46522e13

About the car wash, I don't take mine off anymore though I used to, in fact, a friend of mine got his stolen so I applied some loctite in the metal threaded part so that it doesn't unscrew by hand.

Hi Brainii, i was wondering if anyone has ever had one stolen since they simply unscrew, sad world i think when you have to glue the aerial on to prevent it happening..................does the car wash damage the aerial at all or does all appear ok?

Incidently i find my 5" stubby must be working very well as my neighbours at the other end of the street can hear me coming from 1/4 of a mile away with the volume on maximum.....lol.

Well, I usually now wash the car by hand but did go through the automated car wash a couple of times and nothing happened..

I have seen shark fin style one that screws into fitment sits over the entire fitment looks good wouldn't need to be removed but don't know where the guy got it from just seen him fitting it near local Halfords went in but didn't have it there so not sure where it came from?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links