Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Bumper

square1

Hi, I'm looking to replace the bumper on my red Aygo (06 reg) as it is slightly damaged cosmetically. I've spotted one on eBay which is listed as being 2013 (see link below). Will this fit my Aygo, in other words, will both bumpers fit as standard despite the difference in year of issue? The other question concerns the colour - it is red, as is my Aygo, but is it the same shade? Thanks, Toby.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121288954320&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_2314wt_998

Hi, I'm looking to replace the bumper on my red Aygo (06 reg) as it is slightly damaged cosmetically. I've spotted one on eBay which is listed as being 2013 (see link below). Will this fit my Aygo, in other words, will both bumpers fit as standard despite the difference in year of issue? The other question concerns the colour - it is red, as is my Aygo, but is it the same shade? Thanks, Toby.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121288954320&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_2314wt_998

It has splits and needs a respray anyway.

Why not PM Kingo for a price?

Yes it could be made to fit, but you would need all the fittings, grilles, wheel arch liners & badges for the 2013 bumper to make it fit a 2006, yes the solid red is the same 2006>2013 but bear in mind the 2006 will have faded compared to the 2013

Would Toyota have gone to the length of changing all the fittings, wheel arch liners etc just for a cosmetic bumper change? Especially given the bargain basement build of the cars in general? I would be interested to confirm it as I was contemplating fitting the later bumper myself as I think it looks much more modern.

Yes red is prone to fading.

Are we talking about Red Yaris ?

He is getting a smidge old... :wheelchair:

Yes it could be made to fit, but you would need all the fittings, grilles, wheel arch liners & badges for the 2013 bumper to make it fit a 2006, yes the solid red is the same 2006>2013 but bear in mind the 2006 will have faded compared to the 2013

So if I managed to get hold of a 2006 bumper for example, would I need to source any more parts?

So if I managed to get hold of a 2006 bumper for example, would I need to source any more parts?
Not if that is the only thing damaged...

Yes red is prone to fading.

Are we talking about Red Yaris ?

He is getting a smidge old... :wheelchair:

You have lost me, was remembering the days of my 1991 red Golf. I think paint has improved these days however I do still notice fading on recent accident damaged cars.

• 4 months later...

I'm now very close to pulling the trigger on buying a 2013 bumper to fit on my 2006. Is anyone able to confirm yet whether the wheel arch liners/bonnet/wings are different between the two models? I'm fairly sure they aren't which means the swop could be pretty easy.

I'm aware that the grills will need to be 2013 to match the bumper and I might need some jiggerey pokery to get my 06 foglights to fit but I'm thinking that overall this could be a relatively easy upgrade. I much prefer the angular look of the later bumper.

Oh well scrap that I've just ordered a used 2013 bumper to find out...

I didn't think £40 was too bad, although it does need to be painted. If it won't fit I will just sell it on.

If it goes on with the stock bumper and wings I will see if I can fit black mesh to the intakes rather than that stock grills. I'll let you all know how it goes.