Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Pads Help Please

sohail579

Hi all I need to order brake pads front and rear for my 2002 corolla t sport I usually but mintex and when I look on their website there's options for a car built in different countries and different breaking systems how can I tell what car I have where its made and what's the braking system I have?

If you give your Vin no. or Reg. no. to your local Toyota dealer they can tell you what brakes are fitted to your car via their computer system.

Mike169

Where are you from ?

All the brake pads for all diesel and petrol models are the same for all the UK E12 anyways

thanks for getting back to me im in the UK

I called toyota with my VIN number he said they have toyota brakes and thats all he would tell me! oh and that he only recommends toyota parts

thanks for getting back to me im in the UK

I called toyota with my VIN number he said they have toyota brakes and thats all he would tell me! oh and that he only recommends toyota parts

A Toyota dealer would only stock/recommend Toyota parts. Same for most other franchised dealers.

If you wish to use non-OE pads, then your best bet would be to try somewhere like Euro Car Parts, etc.

Theres no such thing as Toyota brakes I hate to tell you.

Parts like that are just Toyota stamped but as above, Toyota are always going to recommend they own parts.

Go into your local motor factors and get a set.

I priced a set of mintex for mine the other day for 35euro, you can get even cheaper ones or pay alot more but thats the average price.

Theres no such thing as Toyota brakes I hate to tell you.

Parts like that are just Toyota stamped but as above, Toyota are always going to recommend they own parts.

Go into your local motor factors and get a set.

I priced a set of mintex for mine the other day for 35euro, you can get even cheaper ones or pay alot more but thats the average price.

Yeah iu know!!

Im looking to buy Mintex but dont know what part number i need on the site there are 3 different versions for where the car was built and what braking system it has what part numbers were yours?

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q.html

Use this site...put in VIN and it should give you all the details you need.....mainly Toyota part numbers. Use those numbers to confirm like for like with a supplier......as noted suggest you go to a local supplier so it they are wrong it is an easy replace. PITA if you buy them online and they are wrong.

Looking on the Mintex site it does look like you have only two choices - European or Japanese - country of production. My guess would be European but what do I know.

thanks i think thats given me the information which i need so according to that site it says

Vin_zps17465db0.jpg

so im guessing that i need the Euro Pads from the mintex site? (the top ones?)

pads_zps33fe1768.jpg

For information:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number

The VIN of the vehicle can be interpreted to identify the country of manufacture. Corollas sold in the UK may have been manufactured here and in Japan. This is why buying aftermarket brakes is a bit of a minefield.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links