Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mines Going To Go Up For Sale

Heathie

Once mine has had its MOT on the 19th of April its going up for sale

• Like 1

Yeah.... wasssssssup man?

You know I love the car.

I bought it new because I planned to keep it, so I put a lot of time and money into it and looked after it.

Its just that 99% of my driving is motorway from Monday to Friday and I just feel I need some thing a little bigger.

We have an old Audi A3 tdi also (my wifes) and I'm thinking of getting one for my self.

I think I need a change that's all.

• Like 1

Hmmm....

If you need a change... go for an electric car.. now that's a change...

Seems to me that it's a lot cheaper to keep the iQ and do some money in insulating the car against noise... to do some noise reduction...

Mine is now 4 years old..did cost about 17.500 Euros... and selling it now will bring up 7.000 Euros if I am lucky....

Maybe buy an extra second hand A3 as a temporarily 'side-car' ... and see if you like the gas-mileage compared to the 'better feeling of a bigger car'.

I have sold my Toyota Previa (automatic / real battleship / all leather and handsy pansy and an big cruiser).... but never ever missed this car one second when I got the iQ...

But I agree on you that during long runs the airflow-noise can be a p. in the a.

Not really sure if an A3 is an upgrade... compare the Volkswagen group versus Toyota ... looking at trustability and mileage...

These Germans were, as I remember, not the best reliable cars... But you would have noticed with your wife's car.

Sooo ... redo the iQ (rhimes) and save tons of money and sorrow...

But then again ... " it's just my humble opinion" ...

Well I understand you selling your IQ, compaired to an Audi !

I have owned a A8 & A6 & A4 in years gone by and they are truly GREAT Cars in my view !

The latest Audi's i am sure are even better !

How many miles has your IQ done and what extra's does it have and how much are you going to sell it for ?

• Like 1

Bob, he was talking about a second hand A3 .... diesel I guess...

I'm going to park it up with sign in after its MOT on the 19/04/14.

£5,000 or offers

You can see pictures and details in My Project just below this one on here

My guess is he is not telling us that he fell down a flight of stairs and banged his head

David

• Like 1

Mines up and down the a14 and m6 everyday goes like a good un.

• Like 1

Good choice and get rid soon, they're already coming down in price. Look at this for a 63-plate 2014 with only 1500 miles on the clock - a mere 8 Grandioses:

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/VehicleSearch/TOYOTA/IQ/1.0%20VVT-I%203DR

And there they go again with that fictitious mpg figure

Good choice and get rid soon, they're already coming down in price. Look at this for 63-plate 2014 with only 1500 miles on the clock:

It looks to me like used IQ prices are about to tumble ? Now in my view that's a good price for a new IQ less than £8,000, for a new 2014 IQ, with only 1,500 miles on the clock, and five years Toyota warranty ! Perhaps I should sell mine QUICK ! that has already done 40,000 miles and just buy a cheap new one ?

• Like 1

My iq3 is stated as doing 54mpg in the brochure. I can achieve 52mpg easily without trying. 54mpg would be easy to achieve if I tried but I tend to drive it rather than worry all the time.

Craig.

Good choice and get rid soon, they're already coming down in price. Look at this for 63-plate 2014 with only 1500 miles on the clock:

It looks to me like used IQ prices are about to tumble ? Now in my view that's a good price for a new IQ less than £8,000, for a new 2014 IQ, with only 1,500 miles on the clock, and five years Toyota warranty ! Perhaps I should sell mine QUICK ! that has already done 40,000 miles and just buy a cheap new one ?

Why not get something that you can carry things in and which attains decent mpg figures and that will be even cheaper to buy?

Why not get something that you can carry things in and which attains decent mpg figures and that will be even cheaper to buy?

Like what ? All suggestions welcomed !

Motorpoint isn't a typical reseller, so using the example of one car won't be representative of whether a model's value is declining on the used market. Some of the cars they sell are sourced from outside the UK - Ireland and Jersey being examples. If Motorpoint's 2014 IQ is an import, it won't have Toyota GB's five year warranty.

For example in addition to the 2014 IQ, they have:

six 2014 Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 Sport 4 wheel drive with CVT saloons with delivery mileage and a quoted saving of £7466 against the list price.

twenty Nissan Micra Visia 5 doors with delivery mileage a quoted saving of between £2096-2466 depending whether you go for solid or metallic paint

Motorpoint isn't a typical reseller, so using the example of one car won't be representative of whether a model's value is declining on the used market. Some of the cars they sell are sourced from outside the UK - Ireland and Jersey being examples. If Motorpoint's 2014 IQ is an import, it won't have Toyota GB's five year warranty.

For example in addition to the 2014 IQ, they have:

six 2014 Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 Sport 4 wheel drive with CVT saloons with delivery mileage and a quoted saving of £7466 against the list price.

twenty Nissan Micra Visia 5 doors with delivery mileage a quoted saving of between £2096-2466 depending whether you go for solid or metallic paint

If the Motorpoint IQ has not got a Toyota 5 year warranty, then its not worth it in my view, the other option's perhaps do not have zero road tax and 60+ MPG so without spending a lot more cash up front It's difficult to beat my IQ, I don't need more seats (will only get dragged into giving family lifts everywhere) and like the Zero Road Tax and 60+MPG of my IQ so I have dropped the idea of considering a change, my IQ is running like a dream and I hope to keep it for quite a few more years, I only cover 5000 miles per year and if it lasts till 100,000 Miles then that means another 10+ years or so ! Then I will sell it as a "Classic" Toyota !

Our zero-road-tax... has stopped by the first of January this year ... :-(

The tax border now lies on "under 50 grams of CO2/ kilometer" ... hardly any normal combustion car can do this...

Only some plug-ins and electric ones....

So.. people with an electric hybrid Auris (as an example) ... now pay the full road-tax ... bamm ... in one instance... no "getting used to" or something. The car weighs more! due to the batteries... just a very small compensation there is...

Diesel cars that had no road-tax ... now pay full bill / diesel road-tax is much more expensive than petrol ones here in Holland..

Road-tax now is made up by "weight of the car" and "part of the country where you live" ... that's it.

Fortunately the iQ is very light... but I live in an expensive part of The Netherlands...

And now the government is complaining they have lost a lot of money by stimulating environmental-friendly road-vehicles... WEIRD..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links