Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 D4D Diesel Bhp

andrew2208

Hi

just wondering why pre 05 corollas with 1.4 d4d are only 75 where as newer ones are 90! Both to my knowledge use same 1nd engine and gt12 turbo?!?!? im looking at getting one and well ill be modifying and running hopefully wana see what that little engine has :) also does any one know if there is much d4d runners out there as keen like me :P

any help much appreciated :)

thanks andrew

Hey Andrew, the 1.4 D4D corolla started off the production line in July 2004 with 90bhp.

The 75 bhp 1.4 D4D is from the yaris, same engine just tuned down becuase its a much lighter car.

Thought you were turboing the rolla ?

I have to say, I currently drive a 1.4, 90 BHP Auris Tourer and it is one of the nicest diesel engines I have ever driven (and I've had a lot) For a 1.4 the torque is superb

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hey Andrew, the 1.4 D4D corolla started off the production line in July 2004 with 90bhp.

The 75 bhp 1.4 D4D is from the yaris, same engine just tuned down becuase its a much lighter car.

Thought you were turboing the rolla

I was but after a second call to insurance that idea went out the window :p i think ill prefer low end power of a diesel just wondering is there any diesel runners out there :p

The 74 horse 1.4D4D is the original one that's seen in the Mk1 Yaris, the 90 horse one is one they tweaked and seen in the Mk2 Yaris and newer Corollas. Typically the 90 horse one has a DPF and DMF attached to it too.

I do wonder if they are similar enough that I could drop the 90 horse one into my Yaris without any major modifications :naughty:

I quite like the 1.4 D4D in my ickle Yaris, but my brother has a 2.0 D4D Corolla and the torque on that thing is ridiculous :lol:

I was but after a second call to insurance that idea went out the window :P i think ill prefer low end power of a diesel just wondering is there any diesel runners out there :P

Simply.... NO.

Toyota diesels are very hard to get more power from without spending big money.

I have often wondered if the 2.0 D4D turbo was a direct fit, then a front mount and map her from there but all I have ever heard is a few lads getting remaps and thats it...

big turbo and after market ecu on 1.4 d4d

I was but after a second call to insurance that idea went out the window :P i think ill prefer low end power of a diesel just wondering is there any diesel runners out there :P

Simply.... NO.

Toyota diesels are very hard to get more power from without spending big money.

I have often wondered if the 2.0 D4D turbo was a direct fit, then a front mount and map her from there but all I have ever heard is a few lads getting remaps and thats it...

what about big turbo and aftermarket ecu ?

Hi,

If you need any assistance with modified car insurance the please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.