Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This Road Legal?

MisteR 2

Hey ppl, would fitting one of these bonnet spoilers be road 'safe'? Am contemplating getting one made up, but because it'll stick up from the bonnet, it might be considered 'unsafe' to pedestrians in an accident. Don't wanna put it on and stopped by police and ordered to take it off, that leave holes then!! :unsure: PANTS, how do I put a picture on the end of this message?? I wanna put the garage ********ui car pic on it. PANTS, ok, everyone go to Garage ********ui, it'll show the MR2's with the spoiler I am referring to. MANNNNNNNNN

sw20-g********ui-spl-proto2.jpg

Hell no that looks nasty...youll just get laughed at m8. Im sure Pheonix power make that thing too...oh well just dont do it!

havta agree w. pizza boy here, that doesnt look too hot...

-Z

Is it a shoe rack?

Why are people hell bent on destroying the smooth sexy lines of the MR2?

i would say thats illegal by law mate (and by taste in my opinion!). Those edges could slice a persons chest/head in an accident, dont take the risk and spend your money on something else instead! :thumbsup:

It's fine law wise .. imagine hitting somone with your pop up lights (the reason the mk3 didn't have them).

I like the SPL spoiler .. but they are very hard to find and get ahold of ..

I don't like any of the aftermarket body parts on that car. Both spoilers are awfull - can't say which is worse though... :unsure:

Although the front bumper and alloys are OK

havnt seen them for a long time!

Right, i would argue thats illegal both in terms of law and in taste...

The pop up lights arent illgal cos they were made prior to european and U.S safety regs, whenever that was. But to add to a vehicle something which can blatently cause serious injury or death (even minor injury - in fact injury of any kind!) is certainly illegal. Its not just a case of whether the police will pull you its also will an mot station pass it - i wouldnt of thought so mate...

But forgetting that, it really really dont look good on the two!!!

Hope it helps a bit, adam

Think you'll find pop up lights a still legal. They are just designed differently now so that they collapse on impact. They just aren't popular with car companies at the moment because of the expense and complexity of the design to meet the latest regulations.

After the Police had stopped laughing U'd probably get pulled to see what the heck it was. Dont do it mate, looks dangerous (very) as everyne has pointed out and not nice at all. ;)

even thing about getting one of those and the thought poilce will have you dismembered.

if u do fit one, to save confusion over the legality sharpen the front edge of it and deliberately drive into :censor:'s as they get outta their modded saxos etc. in b&q carpark after a burnout session. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links