Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Seal Rav 4.2

Robert6920

Afternoon all, and hello from a rainy Ireland (what's new?)

Have just washed my OH's Rav4.2, and spotted a missing section of the windscreen seal. Photo below - it's about an 8cm section in the bottom corner. Incidentally, those of a nervous disposition should NOT look at the cost of a year's Road Fund Licence here in Ireland.......

My question is, does anyone know what the missing bit's called, as I suspect that Toyota wouldn't have put it on the car if it wasn't necesary, so I'd better replace it! But before I can order from Kingo, it would be best to know what it is I want. The second photo's of the other side of the car, and shows the missing bit's sister.

Thanks in anticipation

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

Afternoon all, and hello from a rainy Ireland (what's new?)

Have just washed my OH's Rav4.2, and spotted a missing section of the windscreen seal. Photo below - it's about an 8cm section in the bottom corner. Incidentally, those of a nervous disposition should NOT look at the cost of a year's Road Fund Licence here in Ireland.......

My question is, does anyone know what the missing bit's called, as I suspect that Toyota wouldn't have put it on the car if it wasn't necesary, so I'd better replace it! But before I can order from Kingo, it would be best to know what it is I want. The second photo's of the other side of the car, and shows the missing bit's sister.

Thanks in anticipation

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

I had the same problem on our 3-dr but fortunately the missing piece had dropped down under the trailing edge of the bonnet so I was able to retrieve it and secure it with EvoStick.

I suggest that if you simply send the above photo to Kingo he'll know exactly what part he needs to order for you.

Good luck.

• Like 1

It's common for this part to come loose. I need to stick mine back to the glass. I thought £280 was a lot for the VED so I won't be complaining again! Here is a link to a diagram but not sure if the part number you require is on there. http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2002/rav4/aca21r-awmnkw/2_662220_010_/body/5553_cowl-panel-windshield-glass

• Like 1

......... fortunately the missing piece had dropped down under the trailing edge of the bonnet so I was able to retrieve it and secure it with EvoStick.

Many thanks - especially for this post. I hadn't thought to look but there it was, sitting under the bonnet as you said. Now, where's the EvoStik?

go raibh maith agat

......... fortunately the missing piece had dropped down under the trailing edge of the bonnet so I was able to retrieve it and secure it with EvoStick.

Many thanks - especially for this post. I hadn't thought to look but there it was, sitting under the bonnet as you said. Now, where's the EvoStik?

go raibh maith agat

That's good news. If you give it (and the mating surface on the screen) a good clean with white spirit, the EvoStick will keep it in place permanently.

Good luck.

I am getting more paranoid since I joined this forum.I have just noticed that I am missing the same part.Soooo can anyone tell me what it is called and where I can buy it??Thank-you

@57SWIFTS, I think Firemac's suggestion is the best (and what I'd have done if I hadn't been lucky enough to find it under the bonnet) - send a photo (or reference mine) to Kingo (Parts-King)

• Like 1

636 Euros for RFL... I will never complain again...