Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav System Fitted

george j

afternoon all.just fitted my 9004 sat nav media system in my rav purchased from colleague on this forum.it says on the screen a program cant be read consult your toyota dealer i then pressed open and it opened but now i cant get it to shut getting frustrated any ideas anyone??? have not inserted sat nav disc should this make a difference thanx

afternoon all.just fitted my 9004 sat nav media system in my rav purchased from colleague on this forum.it says on the screen a program cant be read consult your toyota dealer i then pressed open and it opened but now i cant get it to shut getting frustrated any ideas anyone??? have not inserted sat nav disc should this make a difference thanx

Put the SatNav disc disc in and all should be OK. There appears to be a fair amount of the "Operating System" on the disc. Let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

ah thanx chris will try that. next problem is my disc is in faulty unit in front of me any ideas how to get it out

all sorted chris all working had to batter faulty unit to retreive sat nav disc but all worthwhile

all sorted chris all working had to batter faulty unit to retreive sat nav disc but all worthwhile

Well Done Nigel! - I've been out gardening since my first reply to you so missed your difficulty in retrieving the disc from the defunct unit. Unfortunately there is no equivalent to "using a straightened paperclip" ( PC drives ) that I have found for the B9004 so your solution was probably about the only one available to you..

I changed my B9004 to a Sony removable HDD based system with Tom-Tom maps about 4 years ago. The updates are much less expensive than the Toyota ones but I still like the Toyota display when driving on a motorway - where it tells you of the upcoming junctions and services miles ahead - VERY useful when driving on the continent. One word of warning about the updates for the B9004, don't be tempted by the spurious updates available on er, a certain on-line auction site - they just don't seem to work!

Just use Sygic on tablet, free tom tom map upgrades, 3d junctions cheap headup addon.

Keith

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links