Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloys On Prius Plus T4

Rickj2903

Hi,

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere but I have searched the forum and have not found anything useful so thought I would ask here.

I have a 2013 Prius Plus T4 and recently had reason to remove the wheel trims because of a puncture. I was astounded to find that the car has alloys fitted (presumably for weight) and I am now playing with the idea of leaving all of the wheel trims off, showing the alloys. However I need centre caps as the alloys have holes in the centre. Does anyone know the part number or sizes, or even where I can get 4 at a reasonable price?

Thanks for any responses/assistance given.

Hello Rick - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Was it bought new or used?

Try sending Parts King a personal message detailing your car and what you're looking for.

For Parts King, see the Community page, Sponsors Corner and Lindop Toyota.

• Like 1

You can get official Toyota ones - I think they're the same ones on certain IQ's, but wait til you see the price. They're about £10 each!?!?!

I fancied removing the trims and just keeping the alloys but at £40 for the pleasure, I changed my mind :)

Some weeks in summer I run the car without the trims when I'm cleaning them up, but the alloys are a bit crap as mine are corroding and they're only just over 4 years old. Removing the trims doesn't appear to make a difference to fuel economy though.

Thanks for the responses, they are very much appreciated. I think at £40 for a set I will give the Toyota ones a swerve Grumpy Cabbie but thanks anyway. I will PM Parts King and see if there is a cheaper option. Thanks again guys.

Hi Frostyballs, sorry I didn't see your question about the car being bought new or not. Yes it was bought new from a Toyota Dealer.

I have a surplus set of unused hub plugs in silvery grey (they can be painted whatever colour you want) available still in packaging. part number 42603 YY030, say £20 to your door.

What is the size of the hole in your wheels just to make sure? These seem to be 53mm hole sized.

I have a surplus set of unused hub plugs in silvery grey (they can be painted whatever colour you want) available still in packaging. part number 42603 YY030, say £20 to your door.

What is the size of the hole in your wheels just to make sure? These seem to be 53mm hole sized.

Hi Ian,

I will need to remeasure but I think the hole size is bigger than that, somewhere around 59-63mm.

centre bore for standard 2010> Prius should be 54.1mm according to wheelfitment.eu but the Plus is 60.1 (standard for lots of other Toyotas like my Avensis).

• Like 1

Just unwrapped and fitted one of the spare hub plugs to my PiP alloys. It fits perfectly.

Measuring the wheel hole with vernier calipers it is exactly 53.5mm in diameter.

I must say the car looked good without the wheel trims so if Rick does not want them I might fit them myself.

They were a gift from a friend who disliked the very tatty trims on my previous gen 2 which I sold before fitting them.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the alloys are hidden behind plastic covers for protection as they are made for lightness rather than durability so the additional protection offered by the plastic allowed them to shave off a few more grams. If thats true then having them on show might reduce their life. I'm not sure if the protection is corrosion or knocks/scrapes or both but I'm not sure how much a bit of plastic gives for either. There is certainly a lot less brake dust (which on previous cars has been a factor in degrading the coating) due to the regen braking. I'll be leaving my plastic covers on.

Thanks for all the responses folks, this alloy wheel thing is looking less and less attractive by the hour. I think I will stick with the plastic trims, it's cheaper and less problematic :flowers:

I bought a set of centre caps on eBay for around £25. Got them from somebody in the States, had to wait a couple of weeks but was very happy when they arrived, shiny chrome effect plastic (looks real) with a Toyota symbol.

There was a bit of corrosion on the alloys where the trim clips had marked the coating, so back onto eBay (or it might have been Amazon) for an alloy repair kit (not much to it, a bit of wet and dry paper, a bottle of primer/filler and a bottle of alloy paint which is a pretty good match) sorted that out. I can't remember what the repair kit cost, but less than a tenner. I think the alloys look very handsome.

The plastic trims are in my garage, they're unmarked and can go back on when I come to sell the car. I have noticed no difference in mpg.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links