Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Mpg On Bp Ultimate Unleaded

bobkneale

57 MPG is good for new IQ auto in my view.

My average is only just over that on 2010 used IQ manual 1.0ltr, driving carefully.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE ON MPG - Just FYI:

I now have nearly 38,000 miles on the clock, 2010 IQ manual and I am also using a Scan Gauge plus ZX1 is added to the oil.

Still short runs of 15 miles or less with two people in my IQ for 50% of the time.

Using the cheapest fuel

Average MPG is holding just at around 60 + MPG.

I cannot seem to improve on this !

Perhaps I could with a very very very "light" right foot ?

Positive Regards,

Bob.

My IQ2 Auto is now up to 57mpg average. Bless the weather!

I'm getting 60mpg. When I had the car last year I was getting 345 miles from a full tank @ 62.5mpg using Asda unleaded. Quite pleased with that given other results

Had my IQ from new for two weeks, about 200 miles done. Checked out today the average MPG and this is 56.5. Journey is a mix of lanes, roundabouts and motorway. Clicked over the gauge to read the actual MPG and downhill it went to 99.9 - now that is impressive !

Well after the engine has run in a bit, you should easily be getting 60mpg. Mines automatic and about 9 mths old. It started at around 48mpg, and now we,re in the mid 50's. The warm weather adds a few, tho mpg drops like a stone if I use the aircon!

Mine is a manual IQ, just the basic model as I didn't fancy the keyless entry.

Hope my mpg goes up too, only 250 miles on the clock at the moment. I have been using the aircon and didn't notice much difference.

best regards

Yvonne

My IQ average MPG display is always about 60 MPG or just under, and my scan gauge average MPG is often hovering around 65-70MPG

Last time I filled up my tank my manual calculations told me 65+ MPG average.

We get around 47mpg kicking around the city/short runs. But then the OH doesn't know how to change a gear until after 5000rpm!

When I drive, the mpg goes up markedly as I shift when I'm told by the all knowing green arrows.

seems my iQ is not very good

225020.png

Its probably more about how you drive it.. lots of short runs or in too low a gear?

seems my iQ is not very good

225020.png

Its probably more about how you drive it.. lots of short runs or in too low a gear?

my iQ is auto gear, and i usually drive in highway

but one thing is I am always turn on the air conditioner (weather is too hot in Hong Kong)

jpwalker,

sorry because i can not see the Fuelly well, and i know it shows litres.

But just to be certain,

is the Gallon in Hong Kong an Imperial Gallon, 4.546 litres to the gallon,

And what RON (or MON), is it 95 RON?

Wikipedia says only 98 RON available in Hong Kong.

http://www.en.wikipedia.net/wiki/Octane_rating

george

I had to laugh last night. I've been driving the iQ into work for a while and average around 48 MPG, not bad for central London driving I feel. So for the last two nights I swapped to my diesel Seat Leon and checked just before arriving at both work and home and all I'm seeing is around 28 MPG!

Fish

jpwalker,

sorry because i can not see the Fuelly well, and i know it shows litres.

But just to be certain,

is the Gallon in Hong Kong an Imperial Gallon, 4.546 litres to the gallon,

And what RON (or MON), is it 95 RON?

Wikipedia says only 98 RON available in Hong Kong.

http://www.en.wikipedia.net/wiki/Octane_rating

george

well... your question is too advanced... I can't answer it as well.. LOL

jpwalker

It is just that your fuel usage sounded like it might be the same Gallon as a US Gallon, 3.78 litres.

The difference being if you get 10 miles to a litres Imperial Gallon then that is 45 mpg or so.

10 miles to the litre with a US gallon is 37 mpg or so.

Basically,

it matters less which Gallon it is US or Imperial when someone says how many litres were used and how many miles were done.

george

• 2 weeks later...

So I've just had to spend a couple of days up in Telford (from SE London) circa 195 mile trip each way. Steady 70mph all the way and only saw 260 miles to the first tank then 270 and just about to start flashing.

Plugged my little scanner in and there's no errors in the ECU, so just not sure why I'm getting such poor MPG!

Its just making the decision to sell up easier and easier.

Fish

Just FYI:

Approx 1,000+ Miles covered since ownership, (Over last 3 months) 1.0ltr Manual year 2010 IQ with approx 35,000 miles on clock, I'm now sitting at a constant average of 60+MPG with short runs of no longer than 15 Miles each one, most runs are somewhat less i.e. 7-10 miles or so.

I am quite happy with this result

Hmmm, wish I was as happy. We're getting 37.5 with city driving

(clock suggest 41mpg) and I'm calculating that by doing full fill-ups

:-(

Better check the tyres, ait filter, plugs etc but seems to be running smooth. Air-con off most of the time

Hi Ian, well of course city driving will considerably knock your mpg. I think most of the stellar mpg figures on this forum are from folks living in the sticks. My auto Iq2 is currently doing around 53mpg average, but I do only 20% city driving.

Hi Ian, well of course city driving will considerably knock your mpg. I think most of the stellar mpg figures on this forum are from folks living in the sticks. My auto Iq2 is currently doing around 53mpg average, but I do only 20% city driving.

Thanks Rich. What are the urban, extra-urban figures for the 1.0 manual? Average on Parker's is 58mpg but I can't see that with ours.

Ian, dont worry you're not the only person seeing poor (as in nothing near what they published) MPG. I have changed my plugs and air filter and most all of the time the windows are open instead of air con.

Fish

Ian, dont worry you're not the only person seeing poor (as in nothing near what they published) MPG. I have changed my plugs and air filter and most all of the time the windows are open instead of air con.

Fish

Thanks Dan. Oh well, at least it's better than my Citroen C5 if the world's oil starts to dry up significantly any time soon i.e., we'll get about 15miles extra out of any gallons left in the tank :bored:

<PS - Where's that perpetual motion engine I was once developing in the shed?>

Hi Ian...I think it's supposed to do around 51 around town for the manual, and about 47 for the auto.

But in practice these figs can hardly ever be achieved. In summer my rule of thumb is you can prob get within 10%, and in winter maybe within 20%. Do I think the published mpg numbers should be made more accurate for the average motorist, like they are in the USA? ...YES! Some of the claims are ridiculous.

So is your 40 mpg in town use bad? ... probably not too bad. I'm averaging around 53 this summer, but my total average since I bought the car last Nov is 49.something, mostly country driving.

Why don't you take it for a good thrash on te motorway to clean it out, and maybe fit a new air filter, check you're running 0/20 oil, that your tyres are the correct pressure, then take it for a couple hundred gentle continuous rural miles, and see how it does?

Combine it with a holiday...even better.

Hi Rich,

So from what you're suggesting we should have been getting approximately 45 around town. The car's done a fair bit of motorway driving over the last couple of weeks and the tyres are correct. The service records suggest the sparks and filter have been recently replaced, but it might be a good idea to check regardless.

I'd be happy with 45mph around town. Not looking for miracles, just reasonableness - after all, that's what the design is supposed to achieve.

Hi Ian...I think it's supposed to do around 51 around town for the manual, and about 47 for the auto.

But in practice these figs can hardly ever be achieved. In summer my rule of thumb is you can prob get within 10%, and in winter maybe within 20%. Do I think the published mpg numbers should be made more accurate for the average motorist, like they are in the USA? ...YES! Some of the claims are ridiculous.

So is your 40 mpg in town use bad? ... probably not too bad. I'm averaging around 53 this summer, but my total average since I bought the car last Nov is 49.something, mostly country driving.

Why don't you take it for a good thrash on te motorway to clean it out, and maybe fit a new air filter, check you're running 0/20 oil, that your tyres are the correct pressure, then take it for a couple hundred gentle continuous rural miles, and see how it does?

Combine it with a holiday...even better

The two IQ2s that I have owned, both manual, have always given mid 50mpg (ie 54-56mpg) around town and 60+mpg on a longer run.

That is using an accurately calibrated Scangauge for measurement.

John