Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Info Required - Corolla 1.4 T3 2052 Plate Clutch.

DRC58

Hi all.

Just a bit of info required on my Corolla 1.4 T3 2052 plate Clutch.

I have had the car now for 7 years and while I am used to driving it I have always wondered why it does what it does. I bought it from a dealer who serviced it for the first three years but never mentioned it as a problem, i did tell them but was told they could not find anything wrong. typical.

To specify.

Normally the biting point is about an inch from the floor and the car moves off no problem but sometimes it does not fully engage until I get nearly to the top of the pedal travel. There is no changes to the way she drives. Sometimes when going down the box from 4th to 3rd it will not go into gear unless i give the throttle a gentle push to bring the revs up a bit. I have tried the usual tests to see if the clutch is on its way out or slipping like leaving hand brake on and trying to pull away, no problems. also tried the flooring it in 4th at 35 mph and dipping the clutch and releasing clutch to see what revs do, come down fast.

The car has done 87k miles and I got it with 35k so 52k in 7 years not bad.

I do not find this a problem as I am used to her and her ways, it just baffles me why.

any ideas out there.

Moved to Corolla Forum

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links