Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Light On "just For A Second"

Filby83

So the oil light cam on this morning. 56k miles well looked after.

popped the bonnet and the oil level is fine ! bad sensor ? or what ?

had another look and the dipstick has no oil on it :( its not burining oil nor does it have oil in thw water!

so its either a sump leak or the plate on the head maybe ?

That doesn't sound good. Is your oil squeaky clean and therefore not able to see it.

Try putting some more oil in and see how it goes? I've never had oil problems myself with any car I've had.

me either i think its the baffle plat on the front of the engine :), gona have to get the thing of and reseal it

Not sure how much of gap there is between the end of the dipstick and the low oil sensor but it .25 of a pint not too much topped it up and now on Half on the dipstick but you can see oil off the baffle

I had this same problem - Oil light flashing on and off, topping up with oil but didnt help. I ended up getting the bottom end replaced under warranty - as it did seem to be burning oil.

Not good. Should never happen with a modern engine. My oil light goes off whilst cranking (half a second if that) and never comes back on. Could be a faulty sensor (fairly unlikely) or, given your later post, the factory sensor is doing it's job and triggering as soon as the oil is reaching minimum on the dipstick. As to why it's so low on a (as you put it) 'well looked after' engine is another matter and one which should be monitored. Come back to us with your findings.