Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P1121 Code On 2002 Yaris D4D - What To Fix?

nigelp

Little update on this. I couldn't figure out what was what under there.

So, my fix has been similar to above.

What I have done is once the car was dry, spray ALL the connectors I could see with Dampstart ignition sealer. Dirves moisture out and coats it to stop it getting back in.

Touch wood.......

Shame the rest of the car is falling apart ........ literally

• 1 year later...

Soo the solution to this problem is buying a new acceleration pedal or clean the acceleration pedal and the connections ? 

Yeah, it's actually quite an easy fix - You won't need a new pedal or anything, just a can of electrical switch cleaner spray or similar.

My brother's D4D had the same problem, and he just sprayed the crap out of everything vaguely electrical on it and it's been fine for the past 2-3 years since.

We think the problem is just wear and tear - The pedal uses multiple potentiometers to get throttle position, and if the values reported differ too much between them, the ECU assumes at least one of them is faulty and goes into limp mode.

It's almost certainly just dust and carbon crud from the brushes in the pots - A good blast with any cleaner that doesn't leave residue (e.g. proper electrical switch cleaner) will clean it up and bring the pots back into tolerance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links