Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wind Deflectors

smudge-1991

Who has fitted wind deflectors ... I have ordered some heko ones just waiting to turn up then will post a pic of them... Just wondered if anyone else had them yet and how easy are they to fit

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

been looking at these too, look forward to pics, cant help with fitting but im sure there not hard to do

They are meant to just slide in the window seat but I'm a bit dubious ... I just have this image that when I wind the window down they will come down with it and I will look a right plonker ... But I will put up how to install as I bet they are not as easy as we think lol ... Even as an engineer I think there is more to this than meets the eye but I'm sure still relatively simple to fit ....

Also how much were the ones you was looking at mine were £30.22 for a 3 door set up

They help great with reducing the wind whilst windows are down and especially if they are only down a little bit.

No need to shout...

A cheap mod that you can't go wrong with, try here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wind-Deflectors-TOYOTA-AURIS-5-doors-2007-onwards-4-pc-HEKO-Tinted-/140961354491?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota%7CModel%3AAuris

They are from the same people I ordered mine as I have a 3 door Auris mine were just under £2 cheaper and I they are also tinted ... But they are coming from Germany so not sure if it will only take 3 days to deliver or whether it will be longer but I will definitely be putting up pics and a quick how to for other people who are thinking of buying them

• Like 1

seen some smoked 5dr heko ones for £32 cant be bad

I have the smoked ones on order I can't see them being bad

I have the smoked grey ones and they look really good

I have the smoked grey ones and they look really good

any pics? Is yours 3 or 5dr?

Ok guys I have them too, it's a company from Poland. Nice and good quality stuff. There is double sided tape on top of deflectors which will stick to rubbers. Also there are metal clips with small hooks which will remain attached to the rubbers. On top of that the deflectors are pretty tight fit, so they won't be falling off. In order to install front ones you even need to bend them in order to stick between the rubbers.

Only downside I have noticed is when washing with pressure washer and aiming under the deflector, the water gets in and there is small line on the inside when the water drop goes down. This is not happening when aiming only above the deflector and water is running freely down and washing the window at the same time. Oh and when drying the windows you need to lower it a bit in order to get it dry and also dry the inner side of deflector as deflectors are pretty low profile.

If you're interested to see the installation process please see this.

Here is how they look on my car. I used polishing machine and metal polish paste in order to remove the "Team Heko" texts from deflectors. They are engraved and painted so it took some effort :D

hksh.jpg

tszc.jpg

lwk9.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 years later...

Sorry to bump an old topic but I've just thrown some money down on a pair of these (£35 on eBay)

As well as the horrible wind noise I get in my 3dr I'd noticed that when i spray my windscreen the water flows in and drips onto my tweeters at the top of the door panel! I'll pop some before and after pics on when they turn up as I see previous pics in this thread are no longer showing up.

I've ordered some Heko ones that should be coming soon.

I'll let you know how they are.

I fitted them to my rav, after a couple of weeks I took them of, made it hard to wind widows up all the way, plus I use air con all the time so probably not a wise investment 

Alternatively, you could get some fitted by your Toyota dealer746107777_IMG_20200321_142636185_HDR(2).thumb.jpg.c35359a9628a0a9cd29bfacaf14ad097.jpg

I fitted a full set 3 years a full set to the Prius three years ago. I trawled through eBay and found some for around £50-£60, checked reviews and eventually bought, not from eBay, but direct with Climair in Kent for just shy of £100. They fitted easily, no extra wind noise, Windows go up perfectly, look good.         
Re fitting. In the Climair instructions it specifically said after fitting, test the window goes all way up and down a few times, then leave the window up for a day. There is a sticky fixture, so by closing the window until next day means the closed window is holding the Climair in place whilst the sticky sets. I have had no problems.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ussy7861 said:

I've ordered some Heko ones that should be coming soon.

I'll let you know how they are.

I ordered Heko ones too.

Follow instructions carefully.

I did order some Heko and didn't use them. With those I received, in addition to the sticky pads, it was necessary to fully secure them with steel, barbed, clips. I wasn't prepared to do that because their removal, if required, could damage the window seal. Unless that has changed recently?

I use a/c anyway so my windows are never normally opened!

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Follow instructions carefully.

I always do 👍

• Like 1

Ive got isopropyl alcohol at hand but do the Heko kits come with wipes anyway?

Got round to fitting them last night. Very straightforward, only hitch was on the drivers side when I tried the electric window it bounced back down, a quick wiggle and the deflector was seated properly and window works fine. Much better driving with the windows down now and water not dripping onto tweeters!

heko1.thumb.jpg.a68afd3cfebe17512b14cee7d1ed4bc3.jpg

heko2.jpg

heko3.jpg

It bugged me how everywhere sold the TWO piece three door Heko sets sets for MORE than the 5 door sets that had FOUR pieces! 😄 I guess there are less 3 door Auris or something.