Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Spats

aaronfife

Anyone know where i can get these from? Nowhere seems to sell them. They are the front rubber guards that fit in front of each front wheel. NOT mudguards I may add. I sold mine a whole ago as they scrapped on speed ramps but now I have the bigger wheels, the car is 2" higher so want them back.

I've checked the usual sites and nobody selling them. Thoughts?

Tried your local dealer?

Try Parts King on here.

How is it 2" higher? What size wheel/tyre combo did you go for?

Maybe a daft question but I've always wondered what the spats do, what is their purpose?

There are usually a few iQ's being broken for parts on eBay so you could try one of those and see if you have any luck.

I tried it once on an interior panel and they tried to charge me £50 plus VAT on a part that cost £35 from the dealer so not always the bargain you might hope for!

Mark, On a higher vehicle like my old Range Rover when you hit a puddle water not only shoots out the side of the tyres, a large amount of it goes forwards. In a Range Rover this normally means you then drive through the water you have kicked up from the road. It was very common in big puddles to get the water up and over the roof obscuring vision!

I'm guessing the spats on the iQ stop the water going forwards and obscuring the lights.

Craig.

• Like 2

Bought them once fromt the Toyo dealer... not very expensive..

I had drove mine off the car...due to a high concrete bump on a parking lot..when I drove out of it...it scraped...and later I noticed tht the left one was missing... searched a lot on that parkinglot...but halas...

Have to mention that it was in deep snowy conditions....

These are fitted to several Toyota models - I had them on my Corolla and the two Auris.

Nosey as well,

what size tyres were you on before and now, if you are 2" higher,

(or have you changed the suspension as well?)

what is the change in total diameter/circumference doing to your gearing.

& who did you find to buy your orginal spats, and how much did you get for them?

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

Aaron, you have got us intrigued now, and we are wondering if your speedo is still reading correctly? :batman:

Sorry didn't expect such a reply! I actually meant a few cm higher as I went from 15" to 17" wheels but have added 35mm lowering springs since then!

I think they look better.. No other reason than my front end looks too 'cute' as few folk have said lol!

I've tried eBay but can't see yet any IQ's that are breaking but probably a good shout. Just wondered if anyone had them and didn't need or knew where I could get them as Mr T will most likely be a small fortune :-(

"Maybe a daft question but I've always wondered what the spats do, what is their purpose?"

Pretty sure that it's for aerodynamics.

A wheel arch liner would protect against water spraying forward.

I thought it stopped the dirt and grime splashing up on the doors, it does on my Aygo

It's for aerodynamics I heard, slightly improving mpg. I'm just on the look out for a set again as stupidly sold them! Also sold the rear headrests for some reason and probably should have kept them so looking for them too lol

I bet the person you sold your headrests to, later found his own in the tray under the rear seats

David

• Like 1

Ha Ha Aaron, how much did you get gor your grandma

David

Just a bit harsh! He probably did however find them under his seats, dunno why I sold them tbh!

Sorry, just playing. I sell loads of things i regret later then spend fortunes replacing them.

David

• Like 1