Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Fitted An Underseat Subwoofer?

Trevorb33

As above anyone fitted one on an auris, had a cheap one before but it wasn't much cop, wondering if the alpine and vibe ones would be any good circa £150+, have a lack of boot space for one on the hybrid so underseat would be best, seems to be quite abit of room under the fronts, cheers all

I have been playing with the idea but surely then an aftermarket stereo would be needed as the higher the you turn up a stock stereo it seems to lose the base

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

Hence idea of the sub to give some bass, I don't want to lose the stock headunit, because of the bluetooth and rear view camera

If you wired it in tho it would have to be tapped into the current speaker wiring and then you would lose some of the sound from whichever speaker you tapped into it does my head in that when I turn up the music I lose the base but it is something the head unit does not the Speakers ... But well worth a try ...

In order to retain the stock hu you could use a audio control lc2i.I have used one of these with good results

In order to retain the stock hu you could use a audio control lc2i.I have used one of these with good results

Have you a link to this cheers

• Like 1

Maybe someone can suggest other suitable devices for underseat space of an Auris? For example some amplifiers?

I have a MK 2 Auris that has under the passengers seat a JBL MS8 along with a MB Quart amp as there is quite a bit of room .

• Like 1

I have a pioneer underseat sub.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-TS-WX110A-Saving-Amplifed-Subwoofer/sim/B0052T4KIW/2

I used to have a proper sub in the boot of my previous car. Comparing the pioneer to it - I'm now older and don't have the need for bass bass and heavy bass! The pioneer is perfect for normal listening but can also produce some meaningful bass if required!

The bass isn't too deep though since its so small but I'd highly recommend it.

• Like 2

Also under seat subs would be better as practically the entire boot floor lifts up for the wheel well ... But Phil do you still have the bass at the top of the stereo sound or does it simply drop off like it does normally ... That is the only thing putting me off buying underseat subs for both sides

I have a 8 inch MB Quart sub that is is a sealed box in the boot that takes up very little space as the box is about the size of a shoe box

I have a 8 inch MB Quart sub that is is a sealed box in the boot that takes up very little space as the box is about the size of a shoe box

Any pictures eddy? Where did you mount the amp? Cheers

Out of the question for me as half my boots battery's lol

And I do a lot of driving with heavy bags of kit in the boot so boot sub can't be done