Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm Not Often One To Use The Horn

Wiz201

But after hearing it today, I don't think I'll bother. Its the equivalent of a high pitched woman's voice shouting 'maniac!' as the ****** drives merrily away not concerned he's caused me to brake after keeping the car going to get up the hill.

That's why it has side windows, so you wind it down and be abusive... :clap:

• Like 1

Awww but it's such a cute friendly bleep! :lol:

The horn is supposed to be an alert and not an angry yell, but it's a shame maybe 3 people use it for such a purpose (Maybe the same three people that use their handbrake when waiting at the lights :lol:)

You almost need two horn settings, one to be an "Excuse me there dear chap but might I catch your attention for a moment?" and the other more in the vein of "RAAARAREAREEWRGERGEGERRGAGARG!" :lol:

• Like 1

Could always invest in a train horn:

• Like 1

yep it sounds like a mouse having its tail pulled,i changed ours for a set of two 1 high and 1 low tone horns they sound great and your not embarrased to use them

The horn on our new Auris is even more pathetic than the one on our Aygo. I can live with the Aygo horn, but had to change to Auris hooter for one with a bit more ooomph!

Surely the way the horn is pressed can help, i.e. if you are driving along a tight residential road and there is someone up ahead standing a little into the road and doesn't seem particularly aware you could give a quick, friendly beep and or course be ready to stop. I must say I generally dislike car horns in general and they are so misused that it seems they get people's backs up even when used FOR their benefit. Hey ho.

i think with a car horn if you beep a horn that squeaks that person will generally look at you and have no urgency to move out of the way BUT with a deeper horn i feel you have more presence and people move out your way quicker

• Like 1

Could always invest in a train horn:

Excellent! That'll confuse the hell out of some people

As long as people don't mistake you for the 8.15 to Paddington.