Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Screech/squeeling Noise

Bha1901

Ok so new to this forum so not sure if this is the correct place for this post. I have a horrible squeeling and screeching noise from my front wheels. It is there when heading straight but not so much when turning left or going uphill. What could it be I am sure with the vast amount of corolla knowledge on here someone might be able to help.

Both front wheels or just the one side?

Check your brakes first, look at the sticky topics at the top for a few guides on how to replace.

Sounds like its either your brakes pads have worn down to the wear indicator causing constant screeching or your dust protector plate is rubbing against your disc (you can bend this back), or there is a problem with one of your spring clips touching the disc on rotation.

I doubt sticky caliper or stuck slider pins would cause a constant screech but at least lube the slider pins. You need a 12mm socket to get the calliper off, just rest it carefully on something when you take it off and don't let it dangle on the brake line.

If its not brakes, then possibly a wheel bearing or something but I've not known those to screech when they have gone. When its jacked up, spin the front wheel out of gear before you take it off to see if you can hear anything.

Hi,

Apart from what Foxxy has said if you are only hearing the noise from the drivers seat it could be the fan/aux belt sliping badly.

It seems to swap between both but mostly on the drivers side I appreciate the feedback ill get it up tomorrow and have a look

Yea drivers side would be the aux belt, good call old codger. Check this before taking your wheels off.

If you can't hear it squeeling on idle, give it a few revs with the clutch in to see if it is that.