Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Voxy

Cookie4

I have a voxy on an 02 plate and whilst I know it has an avensis engine I'm not sure about anything else ie suspension etc could anyone tell me if it is based on a more popular model sold in the uk. Got my mot coming up and the cv joint is starting to knock!,

The Toyota Voxy's sister car is the Toyota Noah. Neither has an equivalent that is/was sold in Europe. The 2 litre petrol engine 1AZ-FSE was also used in the Avensis and Avensis Verso.

Thanks frosty,looks like I've got some searching to do for spare parts

• 7 months later...

Hi I have just bought a voxy also 2002. I would like to know if you have had any success in finding any info? We cannot be the only people in the uk to own one of these. I have the divers handbook but as its all in Japanese its not a lot of use The car has an interesting satnav/cd/minidisc/tv with a rear view camera linked to it. The most useful to me is the built in wheelchair system it's simply awesome.

It would be helpful to find out the tyre pressures and what they call an overdrive button on the gear selecting handle does (it's an auto)

• 6 months later...

hotjazfan

hi just wondering if you had any problems finding the parts for your vehicle if not where did you look

i also have one of these and must agree with you that the wheelchair is great

would be greatfull for any info

thanks

HI poorguy, I'm a bit like you. I haven't needed any spares as yet BUT I have a mot coming in November. The car is performing brilliantly but they could find anything on the mot. I spoke to the manager at quikfit about the exhaust system and he told me that they could get any system but it might take a few days. I also spoke to a Toyota firm in Reading they know about the Noah which makes them streets ahead of anyone else. I plan to take the car there soon to see if they can get it to register on their computer system. It's all very well people saying that it's basically Avensis Verso they don't appear to be able to open the ashtray flap without logging on to some mysterious computer programme, let alone perform a mot. If I get any positive feedback I'll let you know.. I recently saw on eBay a bloke was selling a Noah because the oil warning light came on and he couldn't find anyone to deal with it. Please keep in touch. Where abouts in Hampshire are you? I go to Fareham and Portchester quite regularily.

Regards

• Like 1

hi hotjazzfan im in basingstoke i did try our local toyota dealer they didn't even know what one was or looked like as they are not made for the uk market, lol i did look on face book there is a club in japan of all places i joined that got to translate few thing to see what i can find out

Question for you then ..............

how's your air con working ?? the green light comes on then starts to flash with no cold air blowing now does it have a fuse or relay and do you know where it's hiding please if yours works better than mine lol

http://moon40.calpoisonecards.com/honest/toyota-voxy-wiring-manual-lgkefpr.pdf

hi found these two sites that will do a workshop manual for the voxy works out about £28.00....

also what else i found was if it's engin is a 1AZ-FSE the avensis (2001-2003)all parts SHOULD be the same to fit our vehicles voxy/noah

Hi poorguy I go thro' Basingstoke on my to and from Fareham My aircon appears to be working fine.The only worry I have is that it seems to wander at above 60 It feels like a worn rack or sidewind affect. I've been looking for another voxy on the road but never seen one have you?

Hi guys

My 02 voxy has just flown through its MOT again with no issues.

Done a bit of research over the last 12 months and yes it is the avensis engine and there are several chasis/ suspension parts that are from that model also.

Spoke to the MD of lindop Toyota up here in the n/west to try to get info on the sat nav and it seems it cannot be changed to UK spec as the model was designed for asian markets only. Massive job to change it over which would probably mean massive bills!!!!!!!

If you do some internet searching you can find companies in thailand etc who specialize in voxy/noah parts and offer real cheap postage.

CV joints are starting to knock on mine and i will be trying them soon so i will keep you posted when i evenyualy get round to it.

Oh yes and every now and then parts appear on e-bay so always keep an eye out just in case;)

hi cookie 4

i git my radio and sat nav changed to uk one when i brought it

unit cost 350 with fitting and reversing camera and all the usual extras sd card free up dates for maps ect

• 1 month later...

Hi all I bought a Toyota voxy from japan got the registration from DVLA but having a hard time to insure because of the model what model did you put as when you insured pls HELP!

Thank you

Hi Irfaan

I got insurance through www.keithmichaels.co.uk .

Less than £300 for an 02 plate per annum and did it over the phone. All very painless so nothing to worry about:)

Toyota voxy

Year 2002

Petrol 2ltr

Good luck

One would need to insure the car as a Voxy, as insuring it under another model name could void the insurance.

Try Toyota Owners Club insurance - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/155227-owners-club-insurance-click-here-to-see-if-you-could-save/

• 8 months later...

Hi All

I seem to be the latest member of the UK Voxy owners society and I also live in Hampshire - and my names Brian too !

I also found that the steering is a bit "wandery" when in the central position although it's not too bad when at speed. I suppose the castor angle helps with this?
Mine is what I believe is called a Welcab version with a centre seat that folds down into an oddment holder or folds upright so you can shuffle through the gap. My kids can walk through and they love the car.
I had an Estima Hybrid before this but it went wrong in a big way so this car is its replacement.

• 2 months later...

The steering issue was quite straightforward to diagnose - and a weekend of work to fix.
The rubbers of the mounting bushes were split apart and the steering rack is left floating about although still captive. To get it out involves removing part of the exhaust and the rear engine mount but it's not too bad a job. The bushes aren't available as a Toyota spare but they are exactly the same as an Avensis Verso which are quite cheap through eBay.

New bushes fitted and the steering is absolutely perfect now.

:biggrin:

• 3 years later...

Johnsey50@live.co.UK

Where can I get a replacement screen for front head rest of my Noah

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I get Noah seat covers in this country any body help

• 1 year later...

Hi. I have a Toyota Noah 2004 Japanese import.. I'm desperate to find a replacement drivers side wing mirror or at least the glass for it. 

Does anyone have any idea where I can find one?? I found one on eBay but it was rather expensive and I'm on a budget. Any help would be amazing and very much appreciated! TIA 

rare part in the UK I would think....maybe you should have blown the budget.?

there is a part change in 08/2004

87910-28880     01-04

mirror glass

87931-28810

I will need a frame number to pin down the exact part numbers

not 100% but the mirror and/or glass may be the same as the Esitma Hybrid and/or T/L (2003-2006)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi 

I have bought a 2012 Voxy. Finding it difficult to insure as not listed on most UK insurers. I do find the Noah is listed most places. Has anyone insured it as a Noah as technically the same car.  

You may not find it online, you will have to phone around places that cover Imports like Adrian Flux