Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Cigarette Lighter Not Working

Aimar786

Have a problem with cigarette lighter.. Its not the fuse as power goes through.. And also the cigarette lighter ring light still works. Also is this a costly job?

Thanks

When you say you are having a problem, is this with the supplied lighter or a charger you are plugging in ? I only ask as I have had an issue with 3 cheap eBay purchased 12v USB Chargers that failed to work in my Auris but where fine in other cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

fuse was blown, replaced it (15 amp).. Also cogarette holder bit was knackerrd so jus replaced that.. All working fine now

• Like 1

Thanks, just a reference for other members, fuse was located under glove box.

• Like 1

Mine only works if I turn the charger in a certain position and has been a problem for three years... Do I nhave to replace the whole item and how much will it cost because it is a pain especially when trying to charge the TomTom whilst driving through France.

Mine did the same thing working in only a certain position..

http://bit.ly/1lh0iNU

Costs around 5quid and very easy to replace DIY.. Plain head screw driver, lift up the plastic around the lighter and just swap the wires..

I would also replace the fuse as well. It usually is the cigarette lighter socket which becomes flimsy after use of the years.. Poor design by Toyota.

Thanks for the update and the edit on my comment....will sort it soon.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Hi how do I remove the cigarette lighter from the plastic facia I have the u shaped facia but need to remove the lighter itself

58 minutes ago, DaveR7 said:

Hi how do I remove the cigarette lighter from the plastic facia I have the u shaped facia but need to remove the lighter itself

Here you go

https://www.autocats.ws/manual/toyota/auris_corolla_zze-zr-nde-ade/rm04f0e/repair2/html/frame_rm000002xwe000x.html

• 5 months later...

HI can anyone help when I turn on the headlight the cigarettes lighter turns off  so I cannot charge my phone but when I turn off the headlight it turns back on, I checked the fuse it’s okay 

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...

welcome to my life boy if you find how to fix this please tell me good sir as well when headlights are off the power appears but very little power just enough to put a light on a charger but not enough to charge anything. I am wondering could changing that lighter metals itself would do the job but doubt it as i broke it by cigarette lighter while trying to heat it up to light my ciggie while driving and its like that since...

• 3 months later...

I've tapped into the cigarette lighter socket to power my dash-cam, but now neither work.  I suspect the fuse, but I can't find it.  The manual says it's behind the glove box, but it isn't!  Any clues?  Auris SR 2012

Check the glovebox underside, should be a black plastic panel that you can see from the footwell.

4 hours ago, furtula said:

Check the glovebox underside, should be a black plastic panel that you can see from the footwell.

That's what the manual says, but it's not there.  However, there are a lot of things the manual says which aren't applicable to this particular model.

• 7 months later...
On 1/20/2020 at 8:14 PM, Ver said:

I have same issue,not sure how to fix,please suggest

On 7/5/2020 at 2:55 PM, Markas said:

welcome to my life boy if you find how to fix this please tell me good sir as well when headlights are off the power appears but very little power just enough to put a light on a charger but not enough to charge anything. I am wondering could changing that lighter metals itself would do the job but doubt it as i broke it by cigarette lighter while trying to heat it up to light my ciggie while driving and its like that since...

• 2 weeks later...

My Auris has a socket in the front, one in the rear, and a third in the boot. The two in the cabin run off a single shared 15A fuse. The one on the boot runs off it’s own separate 15A fuse. I replaced both of my fuses as none of my sockets worked when I picked my car up. Previous owner probably plugged something big into the sockets and blew the fuses (maybe a tyre compressor or car vac). Anyway, two fuses replaced, all sockets working and charging iPhones in the cabin beautifully. 👍🏻

562844D1-7BFA-4A87-A7B1-618D3D3C70A8.jpeg

Photo (above) for fuse positions and ratings. The fuse panel is in the cabin, underneath the glovebox, in the passenger footwell (right hand drive Auris). 

It’s the bottom two 15A fuses:
P/OUTLET and CIG

Edited by DaddyBaddy
Added more info.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links