Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 3 Settings

Only one Jimmy

When entering the fuel price, is it the price per ltr or the price per gal ?. I ask because the monetary sign is for Euro but the setting is Miles per gallon.

I may have this all wrong (I usually do) but if there is a simple explanation could you please let me know.

Confused

Ian

Unless you need to enter the price per gallon in Euros

When entering the fuel price, is it the price per ltr or the price per gal ?. I ask because the monetary sign is for Euro but the setting is Miles per gallon.

I may have this all wrong (I usually do) but if there is a simple explanation could you please let me know.

Confused

Ian

When entering the fuel price into what?

OK. perhaps I did not explain myself very clearly.

I have a gen 3 2012 (May) prius T spirit. On page 245 of the owners manual there is a section for setting up the displays. eg Petrol price, Fuel consumption display, comparison consumption, and calendar. There are others ie Language,Clock, and steering switch.

When I bring up the setting to enter the 'Petrol Price' the monetary sign is for Euros.

When the summary comes up at the end of a journey, 'Fuel Cost = 0.00 EU'

Is there any way to change this to £s

Ian

I don't think you can change the symbol, just think of it as a monetary indicator. It needs the price per GALLON though - I did initially put the price per litre, until I realised I was getting silly results.

Once set, each time you start up it goes into the price setting mode for a few seconds.

It's no hardship for me because I enter litres/price of each fill up into a database on my phone, and a have field that shows the price per Gallon, but it will be a nuisance without this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links