Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can-Bus On An '08 Sr?

BenMMellor

Just about to take up ownership of an '08 Auris SR to add to our Toyota collection - also got a '76 RA28 Celica and a '99 Celica ST202.

I know there are differing opinions on HID kits but I've got them on the current family wagon (CRV) and my ST202 and have no issues with them come MOT or with local constabulary (and I do a hell of a lot of business miles so see most of the UK!). It's been discussed at length here and on other forums and my MOT chap is happy pass them as long as they comply with the regs he has been told to work to.

I was going to re-use the current slim ballasts on the CRV in the new Auris, but read that it might be CAN-BUS so might mean I need to buy new CAN-BUS ballasts as well as new bulbs - can anyone confirm if an '08 Auris SR has CAN-BUS or not?

Thanks!

Hi I have fitted a standard HID 6000k kit on my SR180 with no issues.

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Cheers Simon - will speak with HIDS-Direct who I've had all my kits from previously and get a price on some bulbs to re-use these ballasts and another set for the other lights.

post-135587-139938353623_thumb.jpg

This is mine with the HID Fitted and Cree Led's in the side lights

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC