Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Programme New Key To 2009 Immobiliser

cymad

Hi,

I got a blank key (from eBay), inserted a used Yaris transponder into it and got it cut.

I programmed the remote quite easily using these instructions: http://mykeyfob.com/toyota/toyota_Yaris_2008.html

The new key can unlock and lock the car, but it cannot switch on the car.

I can't get the car to start with the new key. I've tried about 15 different methods that I found online. I seem to not be able to register the new key to my immobiliser. Had to give up for today as I think I drained the Battery... The instructions I found on the forum seem to be for the pre 2005 model.

Does anyone have instructions they could share with me?

Thanks

This is the way to do it:

1 Start: Driver's door open and unlocked. Key not inserted in the ignition.

2. Insert key in ignition and then remove it, without turning it.

3. Do the following with the driver's door: shut, open, shut, open, all within 40 secs.

4. Insert key in ignition and then remove it, without turning it.

5. Repeat step 3.

6. Close driver's door.

7. Insert key in ignition

8. Turn key from Lock to On and back to Lock with a 1 second interval. The number of times you do this will select the desired programming mode: Once for ADD key, twice for REWRITE all keys, 3 times for CONFIRMATION, 5 times for PROHIBITION.

9. Remove key from ignition.

10. As verification of mode selection (except in Confirmation mode), the electric door locks will lock and unlock a number of times corresponding to the mode chosen in step 8.

(If Confirmation mode is selected, the doors will lock/unlock a number of time corresponding to the number of remote controls programmed into the system.)

11. For ADD and REWRITE modes: within 25 seconds after the locks have confirmed the selected mode:

(a) Hold down the LOCK button on the new remote control whilst at the same time pressing UNLOCK 5 times.

( B) Release and press LOCK once.

© if the procedure has been performed correctly, the door locks will go from lock to unlock. If not, start from 1 again.

(d) To enter additional remotes, repeat from step (a).

12. Open driver's door to complete the procedure.

Or this way:

1. Driver door open and unlocked. Key out of the ignition

2. Insert the key and remove 2 times in 5 sec.

3. Close and open driver door 2 times in 40 sec.

4. Insert the key and remove it again from ignition.

5. Close and open driver door 2 times in 40 sec.

6. Insert the key in ignition,

7. Close the door,

8. Turn to on and back to lock in 1 second intervals. 1 time for add, 2 times for rewrite, 3 for confirmation 5 for prohibition. (yes, there is no ?4?)

9. Remove the key

10. Power lock will cycle to confirm

11. For add or rewrite mode within 40 sec of the confirmation,

A. press ?lock? and ?unlock? buttons of the FOB at the same time between 1 and 1.5 seconds.

B. within 3 sec press ?Lock? button for more than 1 sec and release.

C. If it?s correct, the power door lock will cycle once. If it?s wrong the door lock will cycle twice.

Hi,

Thanks, but those instructions are to programme the remote. I've done that already. I'm trying to programme the immobiliser so that the Key will turn the car on.

Instructions

1 First you will need to purchase a blank Toyota transponder key. You can do this from the dealership, a locksmith, or an online source such as eBay. Once you have the key, take the blank key and the master key to a locksmith that he or she can duplicate the key. This will be much cheaper than the dealership.

2 Now that you have the newly cut key and the master key, you can program the Toyota transponder key. Sit in the driver's side of the Toyota vehicle. Press and release the brake and gas pedal simultaneously.

3 Insert the master transponder key. Do not turn it. Push and release the gas pedal 5 times within at least 15 seconds of inserting the master key.

4 Press and release the brake pedal 6 times within 20 seconds of completing step 3, then remove the master transponder key.

5 Insert the newly cut transponder key into the ignition, but do not turn. Press the gas pedal once.

6 Wait up to 2 minutes or whenever the security light on the dashboard turns off. Once the light goes off, remove the new transponder key and press the brake pedal once.

The new transponder key should now be programmed.

Test the key by attempting to start the engine.

If the engine does not start, repeat the steps above.

Hi,

Thanks. I've tried this 14x now. I've seen these instructions before. Are you sure these insteuctions are for the 2015-2010 model? I don't have a security light. I think the instructions relate to the pre-2005 model :(

Does anyone have other instructions? Toyota Yaris 2005-2010 model IMMOBILISER programming. Thanks

• 8 years later...
On 5/11/2014 at 1:59 PM, cymad said:

Does anyone have other instructions? Toyota Yaris 2005-2010 model IMMOBILISER programming. Thanks

Was anyone able to assist with this?

The problem there was possibly with the used transponder chip. Some security ECUs will only allow programming of a new, unused transponder.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links