Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Auris Announced

Devon Aygo

Toyota published the final sepecifications for the new 2014 Auris today, production has now started and customer deliveries commencing June 2014.

Key changes:

New Icon plus grade, replacing Sport

Revised Excel specifications

Hybrid drivetrain now available in 3 grades

Tyre pressure monitoring standard on all grades

New Touch 2 multimedia from Icon upwards

Exclusive Blue paint option on Icon plus

New option line up.

New Icon plus grade:

Based on Icon grade and additionally including,

Exclusive design 16" alloy wheels

Rear privacy glass

Electrically retracting door mirrors

Touch 2 with Go navigation

Cruise control ( excl 1.4d4d )

Heated sports seats with electric lumbar control

Leather dash inserts

Exclusive Tungsten blue metallic option

Revised Excel grade:

Standard touch 2 with go navigation

17" alloy wheels now on 1.4 diesel

Grade/engine options:

1.33 petrol 6 spd manual - Active and Icon

1.6 petrol 6 spd manual or CVT - Icon, Icon plus and Excel

1.4 diesel 6 spd manual - Active, Icon, Icon plus and Excel

1.8 hybrid e-cvt - Icon, Icon plus and excel

Revised options:

Panoramic roof - Icon plus and Excel

Leather interior - Icon, Icon plus and Excel

16" Alloy wheel - Icon hybrid

Comfort pack - deleted all grades, standard on Excel

Intelligent park assist - deleted all grades, standard Excel

Accessory option pack:

Park pack - front/rear parking sensors - Icon, Icon plus

Protection pack - as per my13 Auris - Icon, Icon plus, Excel

Chrome pack - side sills and boot trim - Icon, Icon plus, Excel

Custom alloy wheels 16" and 17"

Thanks Lee

No mention of the new 1.6 diesel from BMW? Sports been replaced by icon plus. But good additional features.

The re-alignment of specs falls a bit more into line with other models, though wonder what specs the Yaris facelift will have.

As regards the Auris Touring Sports - always thought having an 'Auris Touring Sports Sport' sounded a bit daft.

I wonder is 0% finance still available on this new Auris?

Depends when it goes on sale - deliveries commence in June (when in June we don't know). From July the next round of sales incentives will begin.

Lets hope it is included. So you think it might be July before we will know?

Thanks.

The Toyota offers run in three month cycles, so depending when in June the facelift versions are available, they may or may not come with the existing offers (which will finish at the end of June). Toyota will begin the new programme of offers from July. Dealers don't know what the next round of offers will be until literally a few days before.

Just a thought, if it was still possible to get the current version of Auris Excel from a different Toyota dealer, (and I think I can) would it be that wrong to buy :) ???

I know the new facelift included 17" alloys and the go navigation but that wouldn't worry me, like I said, just a thought.

If you're happy with the original spec, you use the knowledge of the facelift model in negotiations, and you get a good deal - why not. The facelift, apart from the addition of the tyre pressure monitoring system, is really only a re-alignment of specs, so there should be only minimal effect on the value if/when you come to change the car.

The 17 inch alloy wheels will probably have a slightly more detrimental effect on the ride quality compared to the 16 inch wheels.

Go for it.

Go for it :) :) Thank you for that advice and especially from one that knows what he's talking about.

I thought myself, that it wouldn't effect the trade-in price next time round that much.

Toyota published the final sepecifications for the new 2014 Auris today, production has now started and customer deliveries commencing June 2014.

Key changes:

New Icon plus grade, replacing Sport

Revised Excel specifications

Hybrid drivetrain now available in 3 grades

Tyre pressure monitoring standard on all grades

New Touch 2 multimedia from Icon upwards

Exclusive Blue paint option on Icon plus

New option line up.

New Icon plus grade:

Based on Icon grade and additionally including,

Exclusive design 16" alloy wheels

Rear privacy glass

Electrically retracting door mirrors

Touch 2 with Go navigation

Cruise control ( excl 1.4d4d )

Heated sports seats with electric lumbar control

Leather dash inserts

Exclusive Tungsten blue metallic option

Revised Excel grade:

Standard touch 2 with go navigation

17" alloy wheels now on 1.4 diesel

Grade/engine options:

1.33 petrol 6 spd manual - Active and Icon

1.6 petrol 6 spd manual or CVT - Icon, Icon plus and Excel

1.4 diesel 6 spd manual - Active, Icon, Icon plus and Excel

1.8 hybrid e-cvt - Icon, Icon plus and excel

Revised options:

Panoramic roof - Icon plus and Excel

Leather interior - Icon, Icon plus and Excel

16" Alloy wheel - Icon hybrid

Comfort pack - deleted all grades, standard on Excel

Intelligent park assist - deleted all grades, standard Excel

Accessory option pack:

Park pack - front/rear parking sensors - Icon, Icon plus

Protection pack - as per my13 Auris - Icon, Icon plus, Excel

Chrome pack - side sills and boot trim - Icon, Icon plus, Excel

Custom alloy wheels 16" and 17"

Just to add the above does apply to Both Auris & Auris Touring sport.

Looking at the info provided new MY14 Auris will be offered @ 4.9% with a £2000 FDA with Access Toyota, MY13 Will continue with 0% and £1000 FDA Access Toyota until old stock is sold.

MY14 Auris will be offered @ 4.9% with a £2000 FDA with Access Toyota, MY13 Will continue with 0% and £1000 FDA Access.

Wouldn't you think they would offer the new version with the 0% finance to tempt the customer.

Swings and roundabouts, they give and take away.

Hi, The Icon Plus spec is coming close to the current Excel, maybe worth considering!

Retracting door mirrors is something I missed when I moved to my current Auris.

What do you think?

I want heated seats, cruise and parking sensors, but I don't want 'sports' seats or silly 17" wheels. i.e. easy access, smooth ride and an extra set of eyes.

You can tell the marketing departments are full of so called 'bright young things' with no concept of what the older driver needs. When will manufacturers wake up and provide what the old folk want to spend their money on?

The new MY14 Excel ticks lots of boxes but falls down so very badly on many counts.

MY14 Auris will be offered @ 4.9% with a £2000 FDA with Access Toyota, MY13 Will continue with 0% and £1000 FDA Access.

Wouldn't you think they would offer the new version with the 0% finance to tempt the customer.

Swings and roundabouts, they give and take away.

If Toyota need to clear stocks of the current Auris, then it makes sense to offer the more attractive finance on that until stocks are cleared.

However whether the offer on the pre-facelift is better than on the post-facelift depends on two things:

1) how much discount is available on the pre-facelift

2) how much one borrows

If for arguments sake, say the pre-facelift 1.6 Excel and the 1.6 Icon Plus cost the same at £19,000, and one borrows £10,000 over three years

1) Excel

£19K , less £1K finance deposit allowance - £18,000

Cost of borrowing over three years at 0% APR - £10,000

Total £18,000

2) Icon Plus

£19K, less £2K finance deposit allowance - £17,000

Cost of borrowing over three years @4.9% APR - £10,777

Total including interest charges £17,777

The above simplistic example shows you do need to way up a few things before deciding.

The electric mirror folding control seems to be similar to that on the 1st generation facelift Auris (2010-2012) - the mirrors don't fold automatically when the ignition is turned off.

One needs to push a button near to the main mirror control to fold the mirrors whilst the ignition is on. However, when the ignition is turned off, push the button again within about 20 seconds, and the next time the ignition is turned on the mirrors will unfold.

Having had the experience of a Mazda 2 with 16 inch wheels and 45 profile tyres, I, personally, wouldn't be inclined to go for the 17 inch wheels/low profile tyres, as the quality of ride will suffer when compared to the 16 inch wheel/higher profile tyres.

Car makers need to start offering upgrades at a sensible cost. I might buy that "Touch 2" for my 2013 if they made it available at a decent price, but they won't. I believe it has "mirror link" phone screen mirroring. Nifty (although I dare imagine my Lumia has no chance of working).

PS you're calling it "facelift", but are there actually any external changes?

[ I hope I'm not really confused and this is about the current Auris. I did make sure to check the date ;) ]

Car makers need to start offering upgrades at a sensible cost. I might buy that "Touch 2" for my 2013 if they made it available at a decent price, but they won't. I believe it has "mirror link" phone screen mirroring. Nifty (although I dare imagine my Lumia has no chance of working).

PS you're calling it "facelift", but are there actually any external changes?

[ I hope I'm not really confused and this is about the current Auris. I did make sure to check the date ;) ]

The new Touch 2 is not going to be offered as an upgrade, because of the prohibitive costs, the new system is more than just software both the Touch 2 head unit and Go2 navigation is all new hardware. For example the head unit screen now boosts 4 x higher screen resolution via an improved touch screen which is now capable of swipe to view gestures with a more powerful computing system to support. The Go2 is now capable of TOM TOM real time traffic updates, Google street view & Panoramio again supported by new more powerful hardware. To upgrade a pre Touch 2 car would be stupidly expensive and the earlier systems are not easily upgradeable.

To be fair to Toyota they are not calling this a facelift just a new MY14 Auris

Think the term facelift was carried over from the following topic - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/157484-new-auris-delayed-delivery/

- where the one dealer referred to the changes as a 'revised facelift'.

Also the term does tend to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, and can apply to just interior changes, etc.

The new Touch 2 is not going to be offered as an upgrade, because of the prohibitive costs, the new system is more than just software both the Touch 2 head unit and Go2 navigation is all new hardware. For example the head unit screen now boosts 4 x higher screen resolution via an improved touch screen which is now capable of swipe to view gestures with a more powerful computing system to support. The Go2 is now capable of TOM TOM real time traffic updates, Google street view & Panoramio again supported by new more powerful hardware. To upgrade a pre Touch 2 car would be stupidly expensive and the earlier systems are not easily upgradeable.

Yeah I realise that. I wasn't referring to a software upgrade, rather purchasing a replacement head unit. If they could knock them out at a sensible price, something around the cost of similar third party options, it'd be attractive to me.

Obviously I cannot be 100% sure, but I'd hazard a fair guess that there's no difference (with the 2013 model, not an old shape Auris) beyond the actual head unit (and the attached GPS unit). "Stupidly expensive" seems over the top therefore; if they wanted to, they could knock a few extras off the production line and sell them direct through the dealerships as an upgrade pack. Indeed I'm sure it is possible to buy one, but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that the prices you get quoted for original parts are generally pretty nuts ;)

Anyway, I don't expect it to happen. It just seems a missed opportunity (by all car manufacturers I might add) to make a little money off the existing owners. I'm clearly not going to buy a new car just for some new features, so sell me some of the features :)

• 1 month later...

The new Icon Plus HSD is a really cleverly positioned car in terms of spec, especially for company car drivers.

I'm seriously considering one to replace my 2011 Prius T-Spirit.

Think the term facelift was carried over from the following topic - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/157484-new-auris-delayed-delivery/

- where the one dealer referred to the changes as a 'revised facelift'.

Also the term does tend to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, and can apply to just interior changes, etc.

Facelift models, will often be refered to as MMC as well, Minor Model Change

Toyota will in future be doing MMC every year through the life cycle of a model, it will be phased in over several models

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links