Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whining Cvt Gearbox

Grumpy Cabbie

The CVT boxes are service exchange, so I doubt we would ever know the root cause as they are not stripped at dealer level

The CVT boxes are service exchange, so I doubt we would ever know the root cause as they are not stripped at dealer level

I'm sure you are right, however if I had a CVT failure I would insist on detailed feedback of "root cause" and a review of how many failures Toyota had experienced of this type, plus a letter to explain the modifications (if any) were made to prevent re occurance, especially if I had to pay £4000 for the replacement !

Just my view !

Car has since been involved in a smash and is being repaired. Upon completion the car is to have the noise investigated. It's getting worse now and drones all the time after the first 5 miles. They either sort it or the car gets chopped in for something other than a Toyota.

• 2 years later...

My CVT makes a noise when cold, stationary and in gear, (at least I thinks it's the CVT!)

any ideas?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I also have a issue with my iq i often hear a whinning noise but i cant fully agree its coming from. The ctv gear box as when i switch it to neutral the whinning will still be heard and if im not mistaken when you switch to neutral the gearbox will be disengaged .

i think its coming from the alternator .

some one can help 

thanks 

I cured this issue. It turned out to be an engine mount. Replaced with original Toyota part and all is well.

which engine mount may I ask as they have 2 

thanks for your help 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links