Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Auris Hybrid Bike Carrier

dave378

I would like to speak to anyone who has had the New Auris Hybrid bicycle holder fitted, this is an accessory supplied by Toyota. The local dealers can fit this part,but it is expensive at nearly £800 inc vat, I would like pictures of one on a car and find out how the Thule bike holder attaches to the car.

It seems to involve some slight cutting away of the rear bumper and I don't want it to devalue the car in future.

Dave

From the description in the brochure, for petrol/diesel Auris the bike carrier mounts onto the towbar. For Hybrids without towing capacity a stand alone bicycle bracket is fitted in place of a towbar.

Think I would prefer to use roof mounted cycle carriers.

Auto Express recently published a new report on bike carriers, if you decide against the Toyota carriers.

Lol £800 :bangin: Hello Toyota? This is reality calling..

I know I'd definitely shop around for a universal one that fits the car, surely it can't be that hard to find?

• 7 years later...
On 5/8/2014 at 1:01 PM, dave378 said:

I would like to speak to anyone who has had the New Auris Hybrid bicycle holder fitted, this is an accessory supplied by Toyota. The local dealers can fit this part,but it is expensive at nearly £800 inc vat, I would like pictures of one on a car and find out how the Thule bike holder attaches to the car.

It seems to involve some slight cutting away of the rear bumper and I don't want it to devalue the car in future.

Dave

I have the same issue. In this case I have 2 e-bikes which are too heavy to lift onto a Roof Rack or to go on a bike rack attached to the back of the car. So I need to pay out £885 for this special accessory & then there is the cost of the Thule bike holder at about £500. What did you decide to do? Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links