Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Back Licence Plate Bulb

123pame

Hello dear friends.

I tried change the bulb for the licence plate.

I opened the back remove the plastic cover.. I can see the connecting wires to the bulb but I dont know how to remove it (and change it)

Can u please help me?

Once you have removed the light cover, the wedge type bulb should just pull out of the bulb holder,

• Like 1

Once you have removed the light cover, the wedge type bulb should just pull out of the bulb holder,

Ehm.. I think I cant even remove the light cover..

How do you do that? From the inside of the car or the outside?

I remove the COVER of the backage (the back door) once u open it there is a plastic "cover" I removed that.

Then I can see the light cables leading to the light but I just cannot click it to remove or rotate.. :\

From the outside of the car, you can access the licence light cover. At the side of the cover there is a tab protruding from the cover - use a flat screwdriver blade under this tab to carefully lever the cover off. Once the cover is off, the bulb holder is exposed and the 5W wedge type bulb should just pull out of the bulb holder.The replacement 5W wedge type bulb should just push into the bulb holder.

Hmmm think I do something wrong

so..

from what I see

30wvazq.jpg

is from the outside..

Tha inside looks like that (cap and the inside)

r2lswl.jpg

2usizd1.jpg

2wqe3rk.jpg

when you put the cover back (after changing bulb), press it firmly with your finger.

• Like 1

You're welcome; I'm sure you'll succeed !

So I tried.. and the screw really cant fit.. and if I like Press it to open it wont open even a bit (its the plast then the rubber that covers the car so it wont get water I assume).

Any suggestion?

29kz8ys.jpg

Your picture from the inside you can see two long tabs just pinch these together and the whole fitting just pops out. Then release the cable by pushing down on the tiny spring tab and then the plug will come out. Then all you need to do is gently remove the lens cap with a small flat blade screw driver and pullout the wedge bulb.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Your picture from the inside you can see two long tabs just pinch these together and the whole fitting just pops out. Then release the cable by pushing down on the tiny spring tab and then the plug will come out. Then all you need to do is gently remove the lens cap with a small flat blade screw driver and pullout the wedge bulb.

Hello :)

First of all sorry for beeing such a loser when it comes to cars :\

I really dont seem to find my way.. I try though..

So I get this one

2usizd1.jpg

and try to push (release) it?

Yes squeeze the two tabs together and the push the fitting two wards the outside

Although that was what I was doin before posting.. I will give it a try tommorow :)

Thank you :)

Your welcome best of luck with it

• 6 years later...

Hi 

I recently bought a Toyota Auris 2014 petrol 1.3 ,i am struggling to replace number plate light bulb I  had managed to unlock the light but somehow it doesn’t come off easily, also wanted to change  fog light bulb do i need to remove a plastic tray underneath the car to access fog light ,or open the fender from the side ,i would really appreciate your suggestions, 

I changed it few times, and not once did it come off easily. 
Are you talking about front or back fog lights?

From what i know, front ones should be non replaceable, you need to replace a whole unit, at least according to Toyota.

But i'm sure you can probably get it out and replace it, just need to seal it good after that, so no moisture comes in.

I had to change brake light bulbs a couple of times. Steven Eagell, Toyota dealers charged me cost of bulb only. Much better this way rather than break anything even if one has to drive a fair bit.

Take care.

21 hours ago, NotebookDr said:

i am struggling to replace number plate light bulb I

The number plate light fitting looks like this when off the car, perhaps this helps?.  A screwdriver can be inserted where the red arrow points to operate the locking tab and allow the fixture to drop down.  I seem to remember the bulb is very stiff to remove from its socket.

P1170024.thumb.JPG.e0327613eddde5a6e53db512a1ef465d.JPG

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links