Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ny14 Auris

newauris

Placed my order for the new NY14 Auris Excel today, I was told it could be the end of June before it's here.

Can't wait.

When I called at my local Toyota Dealer the other day he had just taken delivery of a MY14 Auris straight from the factory

I was told, if I order soon it would be a June delivery. If I wait, it could be September.
I wouldn't like to buy a new car in September. Only four months and then the year is out and its classed as a 2014 car.

I don't think this is something to get hung up over, otherwise you'll never order a car. At least in Northern Ireland you don't have the twice yearly change in year identifier - on mainland UK the 14 plates that came in on 1st March will change to 64 on 1st September.

Yes, your right I suppose, Its just over here if a car is bought in November it still would be classed as a year old in the two months left of the year, the first thing asked by sales is, "what year is she" :)

I've paid my deposit anyhow BTW.

We've bought 17 new cars and 7 have been bought in the last four months of the year - September, October, December. Some we've had discounted due to the dealer wanting to meet their sales targets for that month or quarter, or it has just been convenient for us to change at that time in the year.

For example once we changed both cars on the same day (1st October) because our circumstances changed and my partner needed a bigger car and it wasn't worth having two large cars in the family (so she up-sized and I down-sized). Got discounts on both cars as it was a quiet time of year for sales.

Thanks Mike, again I'm happy with the deal I'm getting so I'll wait and see, hopefuly sooner that later.

Thanks.

I've found in my 40 years of car buying/dealers, nothing makes much difference to the price when you come to 'trade-in'. As for when to buy, the end of the month thing doesn't seem to work for me, ever,..........more relevant is, just a few months down the line there will be a better / improved / superior / deal / car / along, but hey ho, that's the nature of the game - life.

Best policy is get in there and enjoy the new motor. Good luck with it Tony, I hope it arrives as you've been told.

• Like 1

Thanks Berisford,... lets hope :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got a call this morning saying my NY14 Auris has arrived, :) that's much quicker than I was told.

Brilliant !!

Thanks Mike, Wonder why it arrived so soon? ...not that I'm complaining.

If yours is a standard spec it will be fairly quick. Cars made to order - with factory fitted options - take the longest.

Yes, standard, NY14 Auris Excel, as is.

Going tomorrow to have a look at my new Auris Excel. Don't get me wrong...but I wouldn't know the difference between an NY13 Auris and an NY14 Auris ,how will I know at a glance that it's the NY14 model?

Thanks in advance,

Did you go for petrol or diesel? If you went for diesel, doesn't the new spec have 17 inch wheels rather than 16 inch - so you can tell from the tyre size.

Does the new car have Touch 2 with Go?

Get the dealer to check the build date.

Hi Thanks, its diesel, I'll ask if it has Touch 2 with Go and yes its suppose to have 17" wheels.

I'll look into that, thanks.

Am I right in saying that there wasn't any new colours added to the Excel model?

Thanks in advance.

According to the Toyota UK blog, a new colour - Tungsten Blue - was added for the Icon Plus. I would imagine that this would apply to both the Icon Plus and the Excel.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/new-grade-and-new-options-for-2014-auris-range#.U4UgE_CwVjh

OK, thank you for all your help, I didn't get a chance to go see the car yesterday, hopefully today sometime.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry for only posting now, just to busy with work.

I went to get my Auris one day last week and I love it. We went for Zenith Blue, I wasn't a fan of the colour at first but now I wouldn't pick any other colour.

I haven't had a chance to have a good look around it yet but there is plenty of time for that.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on the forum for the advice I was given.

I don't know if I should take out the three year service plan, sure, the car is under warranty anyway, whats the benefit of the service plan when the major parts are covered anyway?

Any thoughts and thanks again.

Service plan is a crafty plan by Toyota. Toyota's services are Intermediate and then Full. Your first service will be imtermediate and all they do is change the oil if they need to and top up water maybe and do a visual inspection. Second will be a full service, in that only few things will be changed, only IF they need to be changed, otherwise not. Third service will be the same as the first one, just changing the oil really. Basically its absolute nonesence at the prices they charge. We wouldent of paid for the Toyota services, only full services which is every other year. For the intermediate I would take it down to a independent garage. It would be labour for 10 minutes, changing oil. Just need genuine Toyota oil and a independent garage which pays Vat. It will save you £100 as Toyota want £135 for Auris service. Then the full service I would get it done from Toyota since parts do need changing. I would do this, independent garage, Toyota, Independent garage, Toyota and so on. I'd do this till the car has had 4-5 services from then all Toyota services. Service plan for me would be a no no but when we purchased our Auris it came free. Both servicing from Independent garage (with genuine Toyota parts and the garage paying VAT) and Toyota garage will hold your cars warranty, you have nothing to loose, only to save.

Congratulations on your new Auris - could you update your profile.

The service plan covers just the servicing, which you will need to have done regardless of the new car warranty. Servicing is due every 12 months or 10,0000 miles, whichever occurs first - with intermediate services due at the 1st, 3rd, 5th years, etc, and full services due at the 2nd, 4th, 6th years, etc.

Toyota operate a Fixed Price Servicing scheme, which should also be available in Northern Ireland - see: http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing

You can see what is covered under the services by clicking on the 'Compare Servicing Info' button.

So for a three year service plan the plan should cover two intermediate services (years 1 and 3), and a full service (year 2) with a brake fluid change at the same time. Costs should be £135 (x2 for the intermediate services), £205 (full service) and £39 (brake fluid change).

You can use the Fixed Price Servicing scheme costs to negotiate your service plan costs. The total cost should be around £514 for what I have just outlined.

The main benefits of the service plan is that you can spread the costs of the servicing over a number of months (interest free), and the servicing costs are frozen at the time you take out the service plan - so your servicing costs won't increase during the plan.

You can also have any special requirements written into your service plan - eg using the Toyota preferred oil (0W-20) rather than the oil the dealer normally uses.

Additionally you may need to replace the air conditioning filter (pollen filter) at around 18 months or so, which is easily done yourself.

The one drawback with using an independent garage to do the servicing is that the onus is then on the owner to prove that the servicing and parts used have been carried out to Toyota's standards, should a warranty issue arise. That is OK if you are confident that your independent garage can satisfy these requirements.

Also an independent garage will probably not have access to things like Toyota service bulletins, etc, which may outline rectification work or required updates for your vehicle.

At the end of the day you've probably spent around £17,000-22,000 on your car, and servicing through a Toyota dealer represents only a small percentage of this cost (for example 3% of a £17,000 spend).

If you keep the car beyond the new car warranty period, and should you approach Toyota for a goodwill contribution towards an out-of-warranty repair, servicing outside of the dealer network will usually mean a refusal of goodwill. This applies not just to Toyota, but the majority of manufacturers.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your thoughts.

From memory, I think sales told me in order to get my 5 years warranty, it has to be serviced by Toyota, so I will have to go with that then.

At the time I was dealing for the car, I asked for the first service to be free of charge, so they are sticking to that and I can get the other two years service at a discount price too, less than £300 for all 3 years, so I suppose that isn't too bad really.

Thanks everyone for the advice, this is a great forum.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I've looked at the manual and cant find how to cancel a destination on the touch and go :) (NY14 Auris Excel)

It keeps giving me directions I don't need :)

Thanks in advance.