Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ny14 Auris

newauris

Do you mean when you have selected the destination and chosen the route?

If so, press options (bottom right) and press stop navigation.

regards

Do you mean when you have selected the destination and chosen the route?

If so, press options (bottom right) and press stop navigation.

regards

Hi thanks, not sure what I punched in to start with :) all being new to me.

I'll try that anyway, thank you.

UPDATE: I see "Stop Guidance" its this I take it. Thank you.

• 4 years later...

HI Guys Its 4 years past now and I've been driving my Auris Excel since and still love the car, 43,000 miles on the clock now BTW :)

Its still under warranty and I'm having two problems with it, so getting the car booked into Toyota for them to have a look at.it.

I've noticed a burning smell inside the car and heard like a cracking sound coming from the engine. In fact  I've seen smoke coming from it.

This isn't the first time this has happened, I taken the car to Toyota before and they can't find anything.

I wouldn't know what I'm looking at in the engine but there is a plastic cover with D4D written on it, This was roasting hot to the touch, so whatever's in there.

The other query I have is about the air conditioning, I got it re-gassed at the end of May this year and now it isn't working again, I would have thought it would have lasted

a lot longer than that, I think there is a leak somewhere.

Any thoughts in why that part of the engine is so hot?

Thanks in advance.

If I touch that plastic cover I would have to lift my hand off it, its that hot.

active DPF regeneration takes place at ~600C but I don't know where the DPF is fitted on that engine.

Is this running very hot dangerous? Wouldn't like Toyota to pam me off.  

As regards the air conditioning -

* was the system checked for leaks before being re-gassed? 

* how often do you use the air conditioning? 

Ideally it should be used at least once a week throughout the year, which keeps the seals lubricated, and helps prevent leaks. Although as it was re-gassed in May the issue possibly is more likely a leak. 

14 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

* was the system checked for leaks before being re-gassed? 

Sorry, I don't know if it was checked, all I know is, that it was re-gassed and was working fine after that, then a few weeks ago I turned it on and it didn't work.

That's why I think it was leaking from the start, when the car was new, ...maybe not :)

I don't use it often at all, only when the weather is warmer and I was told a few cars back, to turn the AC on from time to time.

I had cars before with AC and had no bother using the AC from one season to another.

Thank you.

• 3 years later...
On 5/13/2014 at 12:01 AM, newauris said:

Placed my order for the new NY14 Auris Excel today, I was told it could be the end of June before it's here.

Can't wait.

Hi all again, its been a while since I last posted.

I still have my 2014 Auris Excel with 83.600 miles and it never give me any bother at all, I was thinking of changing to an GR CH-R. 

Do you know if there will be a new CH-R model due in 2023?

The dealer was trying to talk me into buying a new CH-R, all was going OK till I saw the final payment figure at the end of a 42 month PCP term, it was £14800 😞

Can you give as much of a cash deposit as you like with PCP and using my car as trade-in aswell?

One dealer told me I was giving too much of a deposit.

Thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links