Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Selling A Rav4 3 Dr- Best Place

Panders

Hi everyone

I'm reluctantly having to consider selling my beloved 2005 3dr XT-R due to the excessive mileage I am now doing for work and the cost thereof. I spoke to Toyota about part-ex but given its high mileage (94K) they won't consider it but suggested that as these are quite sought after models(mine has the full leather, cruise control, electric unroof, heater mirror etc) that I might be able to get more for it by marketing it to enthusiasts etc, I don't know where to start, any ideas?

panders

Topic moved to Rav 4 forum, as it is advice you're seeking.

Probably suggest you need to get an online valuation first to establish how much you're likely to get - have a look at:

http://www.cap.co.uk/consumer/free-used-car-valuations?gclid=CLqbr6PGqb4CFbShtAodRwoANQ

http://www.glass.co.uk

Thanks Frosty, I thought I had posted in Rav 4 forum! I tried a couple of valuations but had to fill in way too much personal info which put me off!

Thanks Frosty, I thought I had posted in Rav 4 forum! I tried a couple of valuations but had to fill in way too much personal info which put me off!

Other sites are available but you could try

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices/used/

Hi everyone

I'm reluctantly having to consider selling my beloved 2005 3dr XT-R due to the excessive mileage I am now doing for work and the cost thereof. I spoke to Toyota about part-ex but given its high mileage (94K) they won't consider it but suggested that as these are quite sought after models(mine has the full leather, cruise control, electric unroof, heater mirror etc) that I might be able to get more for it by marketing it to enthusiasts etc, I don't know where to start, any ideas?

panders

Great shame that, having to sell your 3dr, when faced with the same dilemma, and having failed to find anything better than my 3dr nrg, I bought an iq3 for the daily commute (92 mile r/trip a14/m6).best move I made, I now have a 55 plate 36k 3dr xtr for weekends, and an iq3 for geting to work.

I know that some people will vociferously disagree but webuyanycar.com gives you a starting point.

If you fill out your details on car valuation sites such as Whatcar you'll be inundated with phone calls and emails offering to advertise your car or sell you a car. To protect yourself - use dummy personal data - you'll still get your valuation on screen!

• Like 1

Hi everyone

panders

Great shame that, having to sell your 3dr, when faced with the same dilemma, and having failed to find anything better than my 3dr nrg, I bought an iq3 for the daily commute (92 mile r/trip a14/m6).best move I made, I now have a 55 plate 36k 3dr xtr for weekends, and an iq3 for geting to work.

That sounds like a great plan but sadly I couldn't afford the IQ without selling the RAV but luckily for me we have another 3dr Rav in the family for the fun!

If you fill out your details on car valuation sites such as Whatcar you'll be inundated with phone calls and emails offering to advertise your car or sell you a car. To protect yourself - use dummy personal data - you'll still get your valuation on screen!

yes that was my concern when I saw all the personal data needed, thanks very much!