Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Turbo Insurance For 21 Year Olds

Tazza

As im thinking of getting one in september when im 21, was just wondering what other 21 year olds are paying TPFT or fully comp for thier turbos and who they are with?

Ive tried a few places online but wont quote me and when i rang up said I have to be 25 like the Chris Knott insurance did :angry:

I'm 21 with 4NCB and live in low crime area.. Tesco quoted TPFT for £750 and Dorser quoted fully comp + track cover for £900..... both needed cat1 alarm...

adrian flux'll quote you as well, i paid 1300 for a modded rev 1 turbo a couple of years ago

cheers ive submitted my quotes to Dorset and Adrian Flux, ill be going for TPFT as cant afford it to be over £1000 :(

im 21, 0 no claims bonus,6 points with tesco TPFT for £1021 (under my dads name who has 5+ yrs no claims), nw london for a rev 2 tubby

i have 2 years NC at the moment but will be 3 when im 21 in September, with 3 years driving and 3 points. I live in Warrington, Cheshire and car will be kept on driveway, max i will pay is £1200 which will be £100 a month for 12 months, Ive just tried Lancaster aswell, fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Am i missing something here? Tesco's DONT insure IMPORTS (i.e: Turbo's)...

If im right, then you aint got no insurance!

'you ain't got no insurance' .... so surely that means he will have some insurance!

(sorry, just can't stand americanisms :P)

you'd be doing well to get insured on an mr2 turbo at 21! Considering the performance outweighs most 'performance cars' today ...

just my opinion :)

Sam

Im with tesco on my 92 UK n/a at the moment, its £850 with 2 years no claims, TPFT. I have quote of £1200 upto now for a tubby will see if can get any cheaper :P

yep i would have had no chance with insurance at my age on an import let alone a tubby. you have to be at least 25 to get insured on group 20 cars/imports with most insurance companies nowadays. Only reason im insured is cos im under my dads name! hes 65, never had a single point on his license and has 5+ NCB! lucky for me really lol :ph34r:

In the past, I've usually found as Deus says that it's often neccessary to get someone older on the insurance if you're under 25. Once you reach 25 and onwards it gets a lot cheaper. I'm paying £800 fully comp with 0 y NCB but I am 26, which makes a big difference.

Am i missing something here? Tesco's DONT insure IMPORTS (i.e: Turbo's)...

If im right, then you aint got no insurance!

This is true, I got insured on my MR2 turbo last year through tesco, apparantly they will 'review each case as it comes' or something to those of us with outstanding policies <_<

i'm 21 from SE London and i've been quoted £1050 for a rev 2/3 N/A fully comp and protected ncb.. i got clean licence and 4 years ncb

all i need now is the car :thumbsup:

i am with tesco i have a MR2 GT turbo full comp max NCB i am under 30 East london area it only cost me just over 450

i find insurance is not too bad might think about a supra tt i had a quote and find the different are about 200 more

defenitly not gonna tell them about the blow off valve :D whoshhhhhhh

Im confused about Tesco now, i was told in no uncertain terms that they DO NOT deal with imports???

Im confused about Tesco now, i was told in no uncertain terms that they DO NOT deal with imports???

My mate was told the same, my insurance is dead end of June, so will have to see what they say with regards to renewing mine.

To clarify, AFAIK tesco USE TO insure imports, however dont now.

I got insured with Tesco's in December for my rev 3 Turbo.

I'm 21 with 4 years NCB in a low crime area. It cost me £960 fully comp with protected no claims.

And I have checked the insurance documents, it does state both TURBO and IMPORT.

I was on the phone to tesco recently. They said that you have to be 25 now to drive the Tubby.... but because I used to be a previous customer, they would insure me anyway.

but they do do imports... maybe if you've been a previous customer ?.. I dunno.

Good, at least you have that peace of mind. They must have reconsidered their policies after the new year then??? Or maybe i just got a dumb person at the end of the phone....

when u phone & who u phone makes a lot of difference.

I rang on fri to get an insurance quote for my 2, then when i rang on sun to actually get the insurance the lass on the fone gave me a price that was £300 cheaper...

-Z

i got a qustion for ya

on my log book it dont say is a turbo also no engine numbers

can you all comfirm if all your log book are the same as my

by the way i just saw the title properly and i suddenly feel old :P

wish i had a MR2 when i was 21 nevermind a turbo just any mr2 will do :)