Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Was Surfing The Internet, And I Found This!

http://www.greenhous.co.uk/plus/toyota-iq-apr?gclid=CJzvpLf5wb4CFennwgodFicAIQ

I thought they had stopped advertising. This was on the BT site as I signed out after checking my e-mails. Quite surprised to see it, especially as Greenhous has taken over my local dealer, formerly William A. Lewis of Shrewsbury. I do prefer the interior of this iQ to our Plum coloured style. I wonder what it would cost to replace all the panels, and have the seats replaced? Hmmmm, a %$(in lot I bet!

post-113536-0-40017900-1400845142_thumb.

post-113536-0-15452500-1400845151_thumb.

selling off all UK remaining IQ stocks !

This advertising doesn't seem to be reflected across other dealer websites I've looked at - so maybe that one dealer group or location has stock they want to shift.

I don't really understand what your post is about. Isn't it just advertising unregistered models. There is still plenty of new stock around, surely they will keep advertising until they have all sold.

Am I missing something in your post

I don't really understand what your post is about. Isn't it just advertising unregistered models. There is still plenty of new stock around, surely they will keep advertising until they have all sold.

Am I missing something in your post

Possibly, but that was my point in the post. You see, someone else, somewhere on here said they had not seen any ads for the iQ, for new cars, and yet as stated, I came across this on the BT site so thought some folks might be interested in knowing they are still advertising, even if it is to sell off their stock. And there is another point; not seen advertising for the iQ before they decided to can it, and now, once they made their decision, they advertise. Seems a bit backward to me for selling a premium product. But hey, maybe I am missing something.

Ah right. I suppose it could be because they have the £1000 finance contribution and no doubt toyota will be offering them good bonuses to take the last production stock.

Have they actually stopped coming off the line now or can they still be ordered to spec.

The first post of the following topic sets the scene:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/157399-iq-discontinued/

Not stopping production - ceasing exports to some European countries (eg.Toyota Ireland no longer list the IQ).

Toyota Ireland never did did they? Toyota Ireland also sell the Japanese Corolla saloon which we don't get at all.

http://toyota.ie/models/corolla/

Why do Toyota UK have to follow Toyota Europe on everything? Our needs in the UK are slightly different. Even Vauxhall are now changing their vehicle names back from Opel's. I wonder if it's because of the strangely named Vauxhall Adam or Vauxhall Mokka!?! lol. Nice looking cars, crazy crazy names.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhall/87092/vauxhall-viva-reborn-for-2015

"It also marks the first time in more than 20 years that Vauxhall and
Opel will use different names for a car in the UK and mainland Europe.

Vauxhall management were keen to have a name that fitted in well in the
UK in a new market segment for the company, and one that reflected on
its heritage. Opel will not be using the Viva name."

So it appears Vauxhall are seeing the light. How long before Toyota UK do? The Brits like Japanese cars, the Europeans generally don't. Give the UK market the cars they want, not what the whole of Europe needs.

• Like 1

Toyota Ireland never did did they? Toyota Ireland also sell the Japanese Corolla saloon which we don't get at all.

Yes they did sell the iQ. Though not in high numbers, only 12 iQs were sold in 2012, 1 in 2013, and of course none this year. http://www.beepbeep.ie/stats?sYear%5B%5D=2014&sYear%5B%5D=2012&sRegType=1&sMonth%5B%5D=&sMonth%5B%5D=&sMake%5B%5D=Toyota&x=30&y=5

• Like 1

The Adam was named after Opel's founder - Adam Opel - and, of course, never fitted well in the UK. The Vauxhall quote ("Vauxhall management were keen to have a name that fitted in well in the

UK in a new market segment for the company.... ") is a bit strange as they have had two generations of the Vauxhall Aguila since 2000 (a re-badged version of the Suzuki Wagon R/Splash), so this market sector is not new to Vauxhall.

The new Vauxhall Viva will be based on the next generation Chevrolet Spark and will be built in Korea by Chevrolet - as is the Mokka and the Antara.

Different markets have different needs. For example:

Ireland have had van versions of the Corolla, the 3 door Auris, and now the 5 door Auris (UK built) for a number of years, but these won't be brought into the UK due to perceived low sales volumes.

Mainland Europe have also had versions of cars for years that we don't see - Yaris Verso van, Corolla sedan, etc.

Similarly few manufacturers bring saloon versions of B-sector (Yaris size) and C-sector (Corolla size) cars into the UK as they don't sell in the required volumes.

new-toyota-yaris-van.jpg

slika-600x340-1311929498-606681.jpg

auris-van-4.jpg

• Like 2

going back Bob's mention of panel change i got a rough quote from Mr T at £1800 parts only

David

Would you get some discount from Parts King?

Maybe Frosty

I get 10% at the moment. Cant remember now that may have been for the doors, dash,lower dash and display (5 panels) and scuff with quarter panels in the foot wells. Not the rear panels

David

That's an awful lot of money for panels... however, when you consider how much better it looks -in my opinion- if one had the readies for such a purchase I'm sure it would could be deemed worth it. Well, the ladies get a shampoo because they're worth it, right guys? Some support required here... naw, it will be most unlikely for me to be able to afford that lot, also, it would take an age to save up for. I still say it would look good in our Amethyst iQ. There is of course the additional cost of the seats... blimey, I need oxygen!

post-113536-0-37053700-1401099160_thumb.

post-113536-0-09449600-1401099493_thumb.

Got an email with that too, along with other offers.

I get the feeling Toyotas aren't flying off the shelves as hoped. There were some cracking offers on their hybrids too, but the cars are still too expensive for what they are. It's competitive out there and some models of Toyota are just crazy priced.

Think it is just the time of year where manufacturers are pushing to increase sales. Think generally May and June tend to be quiet, with July and August picking up with the impending new reg.

We also have a 2012 Hyundai i20, and have received e-mails from both Hyundai and the dealer advertising new and used Hyundais for £3 (three pounds) deposit.

• Like 1