Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Awd Check

bobby boy

What is the best way to check the AWD system is working correctly on a 2008 model 2.0 vvti xtr? I would like to be sure all is ok with the workings in the rear diff. car drives ok and no warning lights on.

The pdf below describes the complex nature of the 4WD system on your series Rav. It wouldn't be at all easy to check the various functionality! Fortunately, theres a high level of self diagnosis and the system will throw up a warning light and store fault codes if things go wrong.

2006_4wdsystem.pdf

Thank you gjnorthall for that ,much appreciated.

i was going to suggest taking it offroad and finding out,but you probably already thought of that.

if you get stuck its faulty :driving:

I have been praying for heavy snow since I bought the RAV last summer so I could try the AWD, and get out of our cul de sac without two hours snow clearing.Sods law It will only snow when car out of commision or I've gone back to two wheel drive.

lol bet your right too.

wait for heavy rain and find a country lane with big verges, get in there and get it dirty :driving:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links