Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Xtr

oriana

Hi Folkjs

I've not been on here since I sold my 04 Rav back in 2010,had a couple of other cars since but its time to go back to the Rav

I'm looking at a 2012 XTR with 17K on the clock are there any known issues with these is DMF which I know could cause trouble on the mk2.

Also my wife does lots of short journeys will this cause any problems with the diesel particulate filter.

Many thanks

DMF's haven't been a problem since 2006 with the advent of the 4.3 Rav. Similarly manufacturers have got a lot more clever with DPF's over the last few years but the issues of short journeys / low mileage / terminating regeneration cycles haven't been eliminated entirely. The devil is in the detail - how short is a short journey, is it stop start traffic or a steady run down a dual carriageway, is the car used once a fortnight or so for a longer run?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

The short journeys are 3 miles to work and back 5 days a week longer journeys aren't that frequent

Many thanks

3 miles X2 per day is a fairly short commute and with few longer journeys - you may well have DPF troubles.

Such continual short journeys will most likely give you DPF/DPNR issues as the engine is never going to get hot enough to allow a regen to occur. For a regen to occur the car must reach full operating temps and be cruising in excess of 50mph for more than 15 minutes.

A petrol Rav4 would be much more suited as the MPG will be about the same for the short trips and there are no DPF/DPNR to worry about

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links